Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

mail merge fields

mail merge fields

I am using Sage Act Pro 2011 with MS Office Professional Plus ver 13. I cannot figure out how to add fields to MS Word templets.  Please Advise.

Thank you

Bronze Contributor

Re: mail merge fields

If you have configured Word to be your word processor in the communication setting then go to the write menu

Select edit template choose the templete called letter

One this open doa save as and give you new template a name

If the field box is not displayed go to the Add-in menu and select ACT from the list if there are more than one add-in on your machine and in the drop down you can select field list to display the fields

Paul Buchtmann
pbuchtmann@ozemail.com.au Australia
Australia's First ACT Consultant (1989)

FREE Record History to change default to Call or To-Do for ACT! 2010-2012 versions. Custom versions also available.

Hi Paul, the add-ins are not loading for some reason.  and I cannot figure out where to do next. 

Bronze Contributor

If the addins are not loading then you need to look in trusts in Word Options as most likely the addin is disabled

Paul Buchtmann

FREE Record History to change default to Call or To-Do for ACT! 2010-2012 versions. Custom versions also available.

The ACT! add-in's are now missing.  How can I get them back?  Thank you very much for your help

Bronze Contributor

The following KB should put you on the right track

http://kb.sagesoftwareonline.com/app/answers/list/kw/13569/search/1

Paul Buchtmann

My version of Word is 64 bit, and while searching for the answer in the KB you sent me, I ran into this: 

Support for the 64-bit version of Microsoft Office is not available with any version of ACT!

So am I wasting my time? 

I tried to enable the add-in but the disable box was empty.  Apparently they need to be re-installed.

Thank you

Platinum Elite Contributor

Hello BAdams,
Welcome to the Sage ACT! Community. ACT! will only integrate with the 32-bit version of Office. You will need to uninstall the 64-bit version and then install the 32-bit version in order for ACT! to work with it.

Thanks,

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Thank you!