Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

mail merge error: invalid argument=value of -1 is not valid for 'index' parameter name: index

dj

mail merge error: invalid argument=value of -1 is not valid for 'index' parameter name: index

i use vista operating system and outlook 07 and have act 2008 version 10 and get this message after trying to use mail merge wizard to email contacts...can anyone help with this? many thanks
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: mail merge error: invalid argument=value of -1 is not valid for 'index' parameter name: index

First - What version of ACT! (the full build from Help | About)?

If 10.03, make sure you have Hotfix1 as per http://tinyurl.com/5jrn45

Then, I would try this ACT! Knowledge Base article - http://tinyurl.com/67z3zv

Or, failing that a repair as per  http://tinyurl.com/6kwnbn

dj

Re: mail merge error: invalid argument=value of -1 is not valid for 'index' parameter name: index

thanks Mike, I am using the version: Version 10.0.1.199...any suggestions for this version? best, DJ

If the other items don't fix it, update to 10.03 and the Hotfix... if sharing a database, ALL users need to update

Worth doing anyway, 10.02 added some speed in some areas.

BTW: How many contacts are you trying to email?

Have you tried just two, then a different two?

Even try two in the Demo database.

dj

thanks again, how do i update to 10.03? its just me and i am not the most tech savvy person in the world
dj

i wanted to test it so just tried a few....i want to be able to do custom mail merges for various customers...in my test is when the error came up. I just did the database and repair and will retry the mail merge after my conference call in abpout an hour

thanks again for your help!

dj

thanks i will look into it