Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

macros again

macros again

A follow-on from my previous post, if macros have indeed been removed from ACT!9, which is the most recent version that still includes them? I actually have no desire to upgrade; ACT! 2000 does everything I need it to, in fact it works absolutely perfectly, the only reason I am upgrading is because I have a new laptop with Vista pre-installed, XP cannot be put back on and ACT! 2000 will not run on Vista.
Nickel Elite Contributor

Re: macros again

[ Edited ]
ACT! 6 was the last version of ACT! with built in macro capability. It would also have the same problems with Vista as ACT! 2000 version 5. You might want to check and addon call Typeitin from www.wavget.com. It will record and playback keystroke sequences.

<Content edit: Fixed URL>

Message Edited by dlunceford on 01-29-2009 02:49 PM
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
Techbenders
royel@techbenders.com
Platinum Elite Contributor

If you have also changed your MS Office version to 2007, you would also need to use ACT! 10, not ACT! 9

What actual types of macros are you looking for? Some things are done differently in ACT! 9/10 than they were in 5/6
Tap

Recording keystrokes

If I could jump in ....

I'd like to
1. Record a series of keystrokes (to easily generate form letters)
2. Have data (addresses) entered in certain fields be duplicated in other fields in the same record

Vista
Act 10
Office '07

I've tried the waveget.com page mentioned earlier in the thread; it says that the owner "may be selling the domain".

Any advise or pointing in the right direction would be great!

-Wil

Re: Recording keystrokes

Tap wrote:
1. Record a series of keystrokes (to easily generate form letters)
2. Have data (addresses) entered in certain fields be duplicated in other fields in the same record

1. Like Write | mail Merge from template?

For macros, try a Google search for windows macros

You can find TypeItIn at http://www.wavget.com/typeitin.html (not waveget.com)

I'm not an ACT! user, but if anybody has specific questions on how to use TypeItIn, please let me know.

Paul.

Author of TypeItIn.

Paul

Thanks for correcting my typing error. I have used Type it in for years and can't praise it too much. I use it for inserting repeated text, some macros and even common statements that I use in writing VB scripts. Thanks for a great program. 

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Roy,

Thank you for using TypeItIn! If you have any suggestions on how I could improve it with ACT! or other applications, please let me know.

Paul.