Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

loss of cut/paste in Word2003 after install of Act ?

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

loss of cut/paste in Word2003 after install of Act ?

Any ideas on why I would loose the cut/paste functions in Word2003 (sp3) which are grayed out on edit menu and I cannot use the Right mouse buttton to highlight text, only the backspace to delete after installing Act 2010? Computer are all running XP, current patches from MS and Act2010 is up to date.

This is the only Word2003 user - other Act2010 users are on Word2007 and did not loose their cut/paste.  Of course, with all things computer - it may not be Act - but some Microsoft update... but I wanted to ask.

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author htebault
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: loss of cut/paste in Word2003 after install of Act ?

hello htebault,

Welcome to the ACT! Online Community. I have never heard of  ACT! causing the cut/paste functionality in Word to stop working. One thing you can try is to the Detect & Repair option under the Help menu in Word. If it does turn out that the Word install is damaged and you have to uninstall and reinstall it, you must also uninstall ACT!, then reinstall Word, and then reinstall ACT! after that. This is so that ACT! and Word and can properly integrate.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author htebault
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

hello htebault,

Welcome to the ACT! Online Community. I have never heard of  ACT! causing the cut/paste functionality in Word to stop working. One thing you can try is to the Detect & Repair option under the Help menu in Word. If it does turn out that the Word install is damaged and you have to uninstall and reinstall it, you must also uninstall ACT!, then reinstall Word, and then reinstall ACT! after that. This is so that ACT! and Word and can properly integrate.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Thanks - it was a Microsoft bug - apparently caused by Outlook 2003 and Word 2003. Fixing Word2003 got that cut/paste working again.