Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Copper Contributor

All of the sudden, I cannot open any of my databases.  They are locked.   Is there a download I can run to fix it?  Should I reinstall?

How do I download it?

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: locked

What's the exact error message?
What's the exact version of ACT! (from help | about)?
Silver Contributor

if the error message says it's locked. You can fix this in ACT diag.  (Start, run, actdiag, click on databases then look through the list.  If a database is locked it will show there.  Then right click on the database and click unlock.

If this isn't it, then mike is correct, we need more specifics. Error messages, what happened, etc.  DONT UNINSTALL YET. this probably wont fix it.

Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider

Copper Contributor

Now I receive a could not connect to server instance after trying to run actdiag.  I am on Windows 7.  It was working fine Friday.  Nothing has been done differently except the wifi I am on.  Ideas

Platinum Super Contributor

When opening Actdiag, you may be receiving 'could not connect' messages for databases that no longer exist but are still listed in SQL.  Click the 'Continue' button on the messages until the Actdiag screen is presented.  If this is the issue, you will still be able to access the Database List and perform the Unlock.

If you have gotten to the main Actdiag screen and it says it could not connect at the very bottom of the screen, it may be that the 'SQL Server (Act7)' service is not running.  Close Actdiag > go to Windows Start > select 'Run' if XP, use the Search field for other > enter the command 'Services.msc' > hit Enter key.  Scroll down to locate 'SQL Server (ACT7)' and check the Status column.  Right click on the service and select 'Start' or 'Restart'.  Once restarted, launch Actdiag again.

Greg Martin
Sage