Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

locked out of database

locked out of database

HI there, I was doing a routine check and repair on the database and it said there were some errors and then locked the database.

I turned the computer off and on and off and on again and went to task manager to stop act processes and program.

I went to start 

Run

actdiag

Clicked on "databases"

.... when I clicked "database list" to access the database to click on it to unlock it, I got this message, "unhandled exception" and it gave me options to click or continue or exit. each time I pressed continue it did nothing so I cant see the database to unlock it.

How do I unlock it now?

Administrator

Re: locked out of database

Hi There,

Can you access the database within Act? Click on Tools > Database Maintenance > Lock/Unlock Database. This should then unlock the database.

Thanks, but I cant get into the database at all. It wont open at all. 

Copper Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi there,

is this the error message you get when you try to open the database list:

samessage.PNG

If you get this message after a repair, try I think you got your database stuck in the single user mode.

I just wrote a short step by step guide how to solve this hope this could help you if you need help with this you could send me a pm.

https://kayako.crmaddon.com/index.php?/de/Knowledgebase/Article/View/425/0/after-a-repair-i-cant-acc...

To Gary:

It’s when you get a "critical error" at the repair then act put your database in "single user mode" but if there is any other connection you got stuck and can´t do anything cause the single slot is already taken by something.

The solution was to lock your database before the repair.

Maybe you could add a hint at the message that you recommend to lock the database before you continue the repair in single user mode.

Best Regards,

David

Bronze Super Contributor

You might want to try this KB...

http://kb.act.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/36794

HTH

David Shaw
Act! Certified Consultant since 2001
Office:    +44 (0)1483 714507
Mobile: +44 (0)7977 567 318
E-Mail:    dshaw@act4u.org