Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

limits email Outlook

limits email Outlook

hi everybody,

Are there limits on emails In Outlook? (limit is sending 150 emails at a time?)

is that true?

Bronze Elite Contributor

Re: limits email Outlook

[ Edited ]

Your ISP will manage and limit how many emails you can send - at a time - in an Hour - In a day etc.

The link below give various limits for ISPs and even if yours is not listed it will fall into the range show.

http://help.altrue.com/templates/Manual/details.asp?id=31606&fetch=26546

As far as ACT's email merge wizard is concerned it depends on resources of the machine and mail server if one is used. Often 150 is quoted as a reasonable number to try but it is flexible and the content of the email will have a bearing if it contains graphics and is large. 

Administrator

Hi Anne,

Alongside with ch1p's advice, I would suggest trying out an emarketing service which is designed to send large amounts of emails much more efficiently, i.e. not tying up your Outlook by sending a batch of emails, and not be affected by any ISP limitations.

Act! emarketing is included in Act v18 and above. You can send emails to up to 500 contacts a month for free. You can find some getting started videos here.

Bronze Elite Contributor

I agree with Gary about ACT's emarketing option, especially if you want to send HTML type emails but of course you have to pay if you want to send more than 500 in a month.