Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

license count for Act by sage 2009

license count for Act by sage 2009

I purchased three lic from Act. I have all three in hand.

I recently purchased a new computer w/ windows 7.  I am trying to get the lic (user) count to reflect three users and I am not able to. Old computer was a vista

I installed Act on the new computer, backed up data base on old computer, did a restore as onto the new computer. upon doing research I registered all three via the internet.  But it still only shows one user w/ one lic.

Should I have registered each with a different name? I did them all with the owner of the company.

If I have to do it w/ each users name, then what if that person is no longer w/ the company, can I change it or do I have to buy another?

Bronze Contributor

Re: license count for Act by sage 2009

If you have done it correclty you should be able to go to help about and then select database informaiton and it will show you the total number of licenses in the database. If not go back to Help register and do each license number on the server machine

Paul Buchtmann
pbuchtmann@ozemail.com.au Australia
Australia's First ACT Consultant (1989)

FREE Record History to change default to Call or To-Do for ACT! 2010-2012 versions. Custom versions also available.

Re: license count for Act by sage 2009

Thank you for responding.   But one of my questions was, should I have registered each lic with a different name? Would that have made a difference.  I registered them all with the company owners name.  And if I should register them all with different names (the users names) then what if one of the people leave the company, do I need to purchase another lic, or can I change the name.