Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

just got an email from the "ACT Team"

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

just got an email from the "ACT Team"

Capture.JPGI just received this email - has anyone else gotten it? For one, there haven't been any updates to my version: Act! Pro Version 18.2.53.0, Update 6 since July 2017, so that's really not a big deal.

I did click on the link - and it says it only applies to version 17 and prior. So, I'm running v. 18 (as noted above) - so does it apply to me?

Or is this a scare tactic to get people to "upgrade" to a new version (and create sales for ACT!)?

what exactly does this mean.

Highlighted
Employee

Re: just got an email from the "ACT Team"

In accordance with the Act! Support Obsolescence Policy, support for your version of Act! — Act! v18 — ends on November 30, 2018. After this date, no further Service Packs, Hotfixes, or compatibility updates will be delivered for Act! v18.x products, and you will no longer be eligible to receive support for any issues encountered with your product. 

Act! has decided to make available a one-time update for v18.x products that seeks to address this specific issue in January, 2019. We cannot and do not make any representations as to how long this one-time update will provide the functionality of Act! that you expect. Please note that this decision to provide you with the update in this instance shall not be precedent, or require us to provide, neither now nor in the future, any fixes for additional issues that may or will arise after

Carl Mag
-Act! Support

Growth made easy.
CRM & Marketing Automation built for small business success.

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Re: just got an email from the "ACT Team"

since you haven't offered any hotfixes, services packs or updates since July of 2017, I don't think that will be an issue.

Thank you for the one-time update. The email from ACT! should have been clear in stating that (or at least the KB linked in the email updated to state the intent correctly).  How will users be notified about the available download in January?

@Carl Mag wrote:

In accordance with the Act! Support Obsolescence Policy, support for your version of Act! — Act! v18 — ends on November 30, 2018. After this date, no further Service Packs, Hotfixes, or compatibility updates will be delivered for Act! v18.x products, and you will no longer be eligible to receive support for any issues encountered with your product. 

Act! has decided to make available a one-time update for v18.x products that seeks to address this specific issue in January, 2019. We cannot and do not make any representations as to how long this one-time update will provide the functionality of Act! that you expect. Please note that this decision to provide you with the update in this instance shall not be precedent, or require us to provide, neither now nor in the future, any fixes for additional issues that may or will arise after

Carl Mag
-Act! Support

Growth made easy.

Highlighted

Re: just got an email from the "ACT Team" ACT! Version 18 Obsolescence

I've received the same email from Swiftpage.  I've been using ACT! since version ONE and have periodically updated my versions; currently I'm using version 10 Pro, as are you.

As a long, long time ACT! user, I feel that the canned response from "Carl Mag" is insulting.  A week after receiving the same email my version of ACT! started to take forever to load and aside from this strange performance coincidence seemed as if it were timed with Carl's veiled threat that the software we have purchased three years ago will no longer be supported due to ACT! loss of licensing for a key version 18 component module, I believe that because of the way that this is being communicated as well as no solidified solution other than mention of an upcoming hotfix which may or may not work, will be a cause for a huge migration of existing ACT! users as well as potential upgraders migrating to an alternate contact management platform.

There are grumbling's under discussion between some of my own contacts within U.S military, university and realty user colleagues whom are already looking elsewhere for an alternate contact management solution...  

Highlighted
Employee

Hello,

Apologies if it was perceived that I was being insulting, that was not my intention, I was just reinforcing the information that is available.  Due to circumstances outside of the control of Swiftpage, we are having to switch licensing providers.  In line with our obsolescence policy, we are providing a patch to all current supported versions of Act!, but unfortunately, if you are on an older unsupported version of Act! such as Act! 10 that you are referencing, there is chance you could be effected if you don’t upgrade to a current version.  However, if you don’t need to make any hardware changes, and you are on not on a subscription, there is a chance that access to your software will be unaffected.

To address the performance issue you stated, Swiftpage has not made any changes to older Act! versions.

I’d like to clarify your version as you state you are currently using v10, but the heading of the post is V18 Obsolescence.

If you are on v18, a patch will be available for anyone on that version as of January 6th.  If there are specific questions that you still don’t feel you have an answer to, please respond with those and I will do my best to answer them.

Thank you,
Carl
Act! Support

Growth made easy.

Highlighted
Nickel Elite Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yep - good luck getting v21 installed - Bad v21pro Installer going around that has a missing dll file for the new act qlmlilcensewizard..

I posted the resolve..

Bill Williams - Owner / ACT! Consultant / Trainer at FILL STAFF HR "ACT! FOR RECRUITERS"
Manage Your ACT! Backups http://www.fillstaffhr.com/backupfolderspro.html - FREE
Backup your ACT! Databases DAILY using ACT! / File/ Backup/ Backup Database.(Include Attachments).
Also - FREE - BIG ACT! LAYOUTS for Larger Monitors http://www.fillstaffhr.com/bigaldl01.html
Also - FREE - BullZip PDF Printer - Print directly to PDF http://www.bullzip.com/products/pdf/info.php
Highlighted
Silver Contributor

Bill, not sure about that comment. We updated 45 database and about 30 machines in the past 7 days without the need to call tech support once. It's been a pretty smooth experience for us
Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider

Highlighted
Nickel Elite Contributor

[ Edited ]

Glad your updates are working well.  Congrats on those numbers.

This is now end of day two for me, many failed attempts to register product, multiple support people assisting remotely, attempting to resolve, and all have failed so far. The new ACT! QlmLicenseWizard is not working for me. Others reporting same issue according to the support people I spoke with. Maybe tomorrow will be more successful.  

UPDATE Dec 5th 2018 - 5:30PM CT - Problem Resolved - 

My installer had a bad qlmlicensewizard files ( a dll was missing ) . Had to download the working qlmlicensewizard and replace existing. Not sure how swiftpage will modify things? Hopefully the bad installers are removed? Maybe a new update to be applied? Anyway I am now updating database to v21 pro.

Bill Williams - Owner / ACT! Consultant / Trainer at FILL STAFF HR "ACT! FOR RECRUITERS"
Manage Your ACT! Backups http://www.fillstaffhr.com/backupfolderspro.html - FREE
Backup your ACT! Databases DAILY using ACT! / File/ Backup/ Backup Database.(Include Attachments).
Also - FREE - BIG ACT! LAYOUTS for Larger Monitors http://www.fillstaffhr.com/bigaldl01.html
Also - FREE - BullZip PDF Printer - Print directly to PDF http://www.bullzip.com/products/pdf/info.php