Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

issue syncing ACT v20 with Outlook

Highlighted

issue syncing ACT v20 with Outlook

Hi ACT community, I'm having an issue syncing ACT v20.0159.0 Update 6 with Office 365 version 1801 (Build 9001.2138) click to run (32 bit). This is a new Lenovo computer running Windows 10 Home version 1709. This is a 64 bit operating system. I've installed Office 365 first, then ACT. I am a single user not networking. using ACT Pro. If I delete all the contacts in Outlook, the contacts from ACT will populate in Outlook, but once I try and do a 2 way sync I get an error. Screen shots are attached. This is literally driving me crazy!!

Highlighted
Administrator

Re: issue syncing ACT v20 with Outlook

One thing to try - try running Act and Outlook as admin (right click> run as admin) before syncing.

I'd also recommend checking out this KB:
http://kb.act.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/27105
Highlighted

Hi Jon Taylor.  I am having the exact same issue, but I can't find the metadata files... I am running Act 21 and Windows 10...  I don't have an outlook sync folder as shown in the "Some or all contacts fail to sync..." post.

I deleted all contacts in outlook to get rid of dupes, and now Act is syncing, but doesn't see/know to look at ALL of the outlook contacts...  

Thanks Don

Highlighted
Silver Contributor

There was a fundamental change with ACT 21.1 and newer on how ACT and Outlook integrated so the older info is out of date.

Here is a link to ACT - Outlook issues which covers most situations.

https://help.act.com/hc/en-us/sections/360004465974-Email

Highlighted

Thanks ch1p.  I looked at those articles, but none helped...  I tried to fix a dupe problem in my outlook/office 365 by moving the contacts in outlook to a new folder and then putting them back into the outlook contact folder.  My sync would then work, but only on new changes.  I was syncing with O365.  I could not get the number of contacts in Act to match olook/O365.  Since then, I uninstalled Act, reinstalled act and that did nothing.  I think the issue is that the Act database is not looking to O365 for the right number of contacts...  In the outlook synchronization preferences tab, it shows only 7 contacts to synchronize, even though I have Synchronize all Act Contacts checked under the select button.

I have found a work-around by changing the synchronize with:, to synchronize with outlook, after wiping out olook.  I was able to get Act to repopulate Olook, but now the number of contacts is off by 32.  So... now I have 2 problems...  THe sync with O365 does not work properly, and Sync with Olook is not accurate.

Jeez, I was on a great run with perfect syncing for about 18 months.  It all changed when I got an iPhone 11, I think.  

Thanks to any and all!