Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

is there a way to have the date field auto populate with the current date when a new contact is added?

Copper Contributor

is there a way to have the date field auto populate with the current date when a new contact is added?

I am running ACT 10 and I am trying to figure out how to have a date field auto populate the current date when a new contact is added.  I tried to go in and define the fields but did not see an option to autopopulate the current date.

any thoughts?

Copper Super Contributor

Re: is there a way to have the date field auto populate with the current date when a new contact is added?

The field that auto populates when you create a new contact is called the "create date".  It is a primary field which cannot be renamed or changed.  So going to "lookup" field "create date" and specifying how long ago, or with certain number of days or whatever criteria you want will list the contacts "Create Date".

Copper Contributor

Re: is there a way to have the date field auto populate with the current date when a new contact is added?

I want to have a field (i.e. purchase date) auto populate the current date whenever I add a new contact.    anyone know how to accomplish this task?

Copper Super Contributor

Sorry Tuned Listener..have I misread something? You need a field to auto populate the current date when you add a new contact. The "create date" in the status tab does that as I outlined above. Why would you need another field that does the same thing?

I believe that you cannot change the field name in define fields it remains "create date", but I know you can rename the "field label" to "purchase date". I believe everything has to remain on the status tab though.