Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

iphone app from Sage

iphone app from Sage

I downloaded the app from sage at appstore, set up a profile on act.com is the service not ready yet, I registered for Beta test is that where we are?

or am I missing something?  Is the sage app there in readiness for the start date of beta testing only?

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: iphone app from Sage

The Sage product is in beta and doesn't work properly at this time.

If you want to get the iPhone connected now, you might try Handheld Contact

Copper Elite Contributor

Hello Mike,

I use IPhone and did not knew there was an ACT app in Apple store. I found it after reading this topic.

I could download and install but before doing I would like to ask you some questions.

Ok, it is a beta version but what I get ? There will be a second contact database inside IPhone ?

Or all info about contacts will be in same database I actually have (IPhone standard) ?

Today I am using CompanionLink (and works quite well).

In short, how safe is to install and test ACT for IPhone ?

I will be able to keep two separated databases ?

Thanks

Mac, Jorge A. Mac Genity
Using ACT! by Sage 2013 Pro Version 15.1.108.0, on Windows 7
Intel Core I7-2600 CPU @ 3,40 GHz
12,0 GB - 64 bits - NVidia GForce GTX 360 SE

The iPhone app is called ACT! Mobile Live and is currently in beta testing...It has not been publicly released so is not available for general distribution or sale. If you would like to be considered for participation in the beta program for AML, please send an email to actbeta@sage.com.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Handheld Contact Professional (in the AppStore) uses it's own database... one thing I really like is that the Company Name displays in the Contact list (among many other things)

Mike, are you using Handheld Contact Pro on your iPhone? Any bugs? No reviews on iTunes

Thank you

Luke

I have added a review... no idea why it's not showing up.

I love it... missing some things HHC do on the Blackberry and Windows Mobile, but that because something are not possible on iPhone yet - should be added after Apple release OS4

I'm actually writing a review of ALL the PDA links for ACT! at the moment... hope to finish by end of the week

i found an ACT Mobile for iphone app and when i tried to click on it it said it was unavailable to the US. does anyone know what country in or when it will be available? also i will be using an ipad not an iphone, will the app work? also what size will the screen be on my ipad? this would be a great app on the ipad for the moblie buisness man.

ACT! Mobile Live wasn't released for iPhone or iPad after the beta.

Handheld Contact was available for the iPad, but Apple made them update it to iOS4, so it will only run on the iPad when Apple release the updated iOS for that device

You might have a look here for comparisons:
http://blog.glcomputing.com.au/2010/05/getting-act-on-your-phone.html
Copper Contributor

Mike,

Isn't it depressing that your 6-plus month old comparison is still as valid today as when you first concluded it?  No application does the job, and none takes the lead. All are lagging in functionality and reliability, behind their target OS's, and most importantly, not meeting the needs of the public that needs them to work well, i.e. those of us who are adopting smartphones as a way of life and business.

This lethargy is sad indeed, but I pray that a more spirited competitor than the current ones will realize the profitable opportunity this growing market offers, and enter this market with a solution that truly deliver us from the crushing weight of our computers.  Amen.