Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

installing version 11.0

installing version 11.0

I have a Dell desktop with XP Pro. When I try to install Act 11.0 on it, all goes well until.....

When I click on launch ACT, a box opens up and I click on open database. Then another box opens up

that says open at the top and in the box is a list of programs on my computer. There are 2 drop down boxes.

The first one is empty, the 2nd one has three choices, ACT database PAD, ACT database PDF, and ACT database DBF.

What would I put in the first bax and which choice shoild I take in the 2nd box ?

Thanks,

Bryan

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: installing version 11.0

Hello Bryan,

Welcome to the ACT! Online Community. In this box, you would choose the File Type as "ACT! Database (*.PAD)" and then browse to the location of the database you want to open. If you do not see the database there, then change the file type to "ACT! Database (*.ADF). Exceptions would be:

- If you are trying to open an ACT! 6.0 or below database to convert to ACT! 2009, then choose the .DBF file type. ACT! 6.0 and below databases used this file type

- If you do not have an ACT! database, then cancel this screen and choose the New Database option from the File menu

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.