Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

installed new wireless router and can't get on my ACT database

installed new wireless router and can't get on my ACT database

I installed a new wireless router yesterday.  My ACT program was working fine up till that point.  Now I can't get onto the program.  It says something about network connection.  I am using Windows 7 software.  I am not sharing this database with anyone else.  Any ideas on how to make this work?

James

Nickel Contributor

Re: installed new wireless router and can't get on my ACT database

This is not an ACT! issue, this is most likerly because your router is not resolving the machine name of your main database.
There are several causes for this, but given it was working this would be my guess. You can try the solutions from the KB article: http://kb.sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi-bin/sagesoftwareonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=1964...
Travis Rosevear ACC for
Act Today Australia and New Zealand

Re: installed new wireless router and can't get on my ACT database

Travis:  Thanks for your help.  I tired a couple of things that only said local database because this is not a shared one.  The narrowed the field a little bit.  The one that solved it was the:  SQL Server Browser and SQL Server (ACT7) Service
This issue can result if the SQL Server Browser and/or SQL Server (ACT7) service is disabled or simply not started.   It took a little extra work because I am using Windows 7 and it does not come with the "run" box option enabled.  How to go in first and figure out how to do that.  Fortunately there is always the internet that gives you the solution.  So when I finally got the services.msc box on the screen I noticed that the SQL Server (ACT7) was not started.  The instructions in that link that you gave me really helped because you could go through step by step.  I also restarted the SQL Server Browser as per the instructions.  Now everything seems to be working just fine. 

Again thanks for your help