Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

in Act! v2010 Version 12 is there a way to have a date field automatically have a reminder?

in Act! v2010 Version 12 is there a way to have a date field automatically have a reminder?

I have Act! 2010 version 12 and one of my fields is a date field.  I would like to figure out a way to have the date field automatically give me a reminder, say every year on that date.  I can obviously put the date in my Outlook Calendar and have it remind me that way but that is extra steps.

Thanks in advance.

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: in Act! v2010 Version 12 is there a way to have a date field automatically have a reminder?

To get an actual alarm for that particular date, an activity will have to be associated.  There isn't a built-in way to get a contact field to automatically create an Activity that reoccurs every year, but here are some options:

Option 1: Manually schedule an Activity that reoccurs yearly.   

Option 2: Create an Activity Series with steps for a number of years (step 1 = year 1, step 2 = year 2, etc.) and then set the field to kick of the activity series when the field changes.  You will be prompted to 'Schedule' or 'Cancel' the activity series when you exit the field.  

Option 3: If you don't actually need an alarm, you can create an 'Event' (Schedule > Manage > Events option) which will display on your Act! calendar and set it to 'Annual' (an example of using Events would be for 'July 4th' - you want it visible on the calendar, but don't want an alarm). 

Documentation:

How to create an Activity Series

Greg Martin
Sage