Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

importing updatted data list do not want to import duplicate information

importing updatted data list do not want to import duplicate information

I have an updated list of names to an existing data base   I do not want to import the duplicate names only the updated or new names  how do I do this?

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: importing updatted data list do not want to import duplicate information

Would you be more specific about what you mean by updated names?

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Re: importing updated data list do not want to import duplicate information

Thanks for your quick response

I have a data base of attendees to a convention that I received last week   This week there is a new list containing the old names plus new names (name, address, company, etc.)   I have mailed information to the people on the list I received last week now there are 100 new names on the attendees list    The new names are in addition to the old names but they are all on the same list  No way to tell which are new and which are old   My Act data of course only has the old names not the new names so I was hoping I could just import the new names   Wow that was long winded

Nickel Super Contributor

Make sure duplicate checking is turned on by going to Tools > Preferences > Duplicate Checking button.  The default criteria is Company, Contact, Phone.  This can be changed if needed.  Then, do the import and follow these instructions.

Michael Matthews
Bridge Concepts, Inc.
Fort Worth, TX
www.bridgeconcepts.com

mike

you responded to my inquiry about importing new contacts to an existing list I have on ACT    I did not want to import any date (company) that I already had in my act data base   I must have done something wrong because I imported every contact in the new data base   can you send instructions to me again on this   I have another data base I need to update