Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

iPhone number dialing problems with extensions

iPhone number dialing problems with extensions

What is the best way to enter a phone number with an extension into ACT so that when I sycn with my iPhone that the number will dial without an error. Currently if I try to dial a number direct from my iPhone that has an extension listed it will not go through to the contact. I tried to add commas but it did not help. I use companion link to sync Outlook to ACT and my iPhone.

Is there a solution?

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: iPhone number dialing problems with extensions

You should contact CompanionLink support and check with them.

It's really a matter of how they choose to bring the extensions over

Actually it really may be a an iPhone issue the more that I think about it. The real question is how do you store a phone number with an extension in an iPhone so that you don't get an error when you dial direct from the iPhone. Based upon that answer I can store the phone number and extension correctly in ACT so that it can work when dialing from the iPhone.
Platinum Elite Contributor

Copper Super Contributor

If you enter a semi-colon ";" in front of the extention number ";123" on the contact record then when you dial a number from your iPhone the extension will appear in the bottom left of your screeen. After connecting then touch the extention and it will dial that for you also.

Dave Worral
ACC@Customer-IT.com
ACT! Consultant & Premier Trainer