Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

iPhone application for ACT!

Highlighted
Copper Elite Contributor

Re: IPhone application for ACT!

I had a Palm Treo 680 in the past and used to sync with ACT and that worked quite well.

Now that I have up graded and an IPhone. I use CompanionLink which is quite nice but to have a connection between tasks and contacts and also opportunities in IPhone would be very, very nice.

Not a big problem to find contacts. I got used and there are other ways to find them instead of just scrolling.

My IPhone is a 3GS and voice dial works very well.

ACT for IPhone will be a great step ahead. I definitely would buy.

Mac, Jorge A. Mac Genity
Using ACT! by Sage 2013 Pro Version 15.1.108.0, on Windows 7
Intel Core I7-2600 CPU @ 3,40 GHz
12,0 GB - 64 bits - NVidia GForce GTX 360 SE
Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Re: IPhone application for ACT!

CompanionLink has an app for iPhone called iClink that links Tasks/To-dos and Opportunities with Contacts.
Highlighted
Astute Commentator

Re: iPhone application for ACT!

iClink may link data from the iPhone back to the PC, it still uses the native applicaiton on the iPhone for management of your schedule.  If you want to enter a nrew contact and schedule a meeting with this new contact and enter notes, these all reside as seperate entities, require that you remember and retype names exactly if there's any hope of a connection back in ACT!. 

Truly there was a stripped DOS version of ACT! that ran on an old HP clamshell that ran ACT! on a portable device.  Maybe my solution is to buy a Netbook and run the full version of ACT! and then sync the two datahbases. I sure wish I could do this though on my smartphone. 

What about the Android operating system.  Anyone aware of an ACT! application for this device?

Thanks again.

Kelvin

Highlighted

Re: No good solutions for integrating ACT! database with iPhone and iPod touch

I, too, am a long-time ACT user. I have used the software since ver DOS 2.0! That was great software. ACT for Windows v.4 thru 6 were pretty great, too. After the database was changed to SQL Server, it all went downhill. Software became bloated and slow, complicated to use and way overpriced. I would love to know if you find a Contact Management solution that will sync between a PC and the iPhone!
Highlighted

I work at a desk most of the time, and I'm astonished that I can't sync with my ACT contact list and enter a calendar item or modify a To-Do from my iPhone. I can't imagine how frustrating it must be for you "road warriors" to deal with this mess. Yes, we used to do all the things you described, and more, when the software was leaner and meaner. There used to be an ACT app for the Palm, as well.

As other writers have noted, there is a big difference between a contact list and CRM. Going through Outlook doesn't cut it. Ouch! Does anyone know of a CRM program that will sync between and iPhone and a PC?

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

I have an iPhone 4 and running Act 2010 on my pc.  I've been waiting for an ACT product for iPhone for 2 years.  The best solution I had was  iClink that worked reasonably well with my iPhone 3 but it is no longer available.  It was replaced by DejaOffice and it is much worse than iClink ever was.  It doesn't link the categories with the contacts or the notes or the calendar.  Everything is a separate entity so you have to exit one, remember it and search the next one.  The contact list is alphabetized only by first letter, everything within that group is all over the place.  My db is almost 2000 contacts - this is entirely unworkable.  Handheld Contact provided a great link to the Palm's that I had but it doesn't have an iPhone application.  ACT has been telling me they are working on an iPhone product for 2 years.  This is an impossible situation for a anyone needing their ACT contact information on the road.  It anyone has any solutions - please pass them on.

Highlighted
Copper Elite Contributor

I´ve being even considering to buy an IPad to take price lists, quotations and contracts to external meetings.

I remember in the past when using ACT for Palm. It was much easier to find all information, contact history and opportunities there.

To have ACT in IPAD with all contacts, histories, opportunities... I´ve being waiting and dreaming about.

Mac, Jorge A. Mac Genity
Using ACT! by Sage 2013 Pro Version 15.1.108.0, on Windows 7
Intel Core I7-2600 CPU @ 3,40 GHz
12,0 GB - 64 bits - NVidia GForce GTX 360 SE
Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Hi PMM,

DejaOffice does not remove any of the functionality that was in iClink. In fact, DejaOffice was designed to build upon iClink to support many of the features that are unique to ACT!. A few options have moved, which may be why you're confused. I recommend taking a look at the DejaOffice Classroom, a set of walkthrough tutorials covering all the features DejaOffice has to offer.

You can sort your contact list by first name, last name, or company name. It's also easy to search all contact fields so you can quickly pull up the data you're looking for. See here for specific instructions - http://www.dejaoffice.com/classroom/iphone/djoclassroom-dejacontacts.html

Categories are also easy to manage - http://www.dejaoffice.com/classroom/iphone/djoclassroom-categories.html

If you still have any questions, we offer free tech support! Feel free to reach out to us. Thanks!

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

I tried DejaOffice for 2 weeks.  Really unsatisfactory.  It allowed me to name categories but not actually use them as a lookup.  My db has almost 1800 contacts, all grouped by category.  With iClink I was able to look up a group and get all the contacts within that group.   Some of my groups may have 3 contacts, others have 50 - I can't remember the individual names of each contact which is why I create a contact and why I group them.  The task list is crowded and not a good visual display.  The tasks are listed alphabetically - and can't be changed, date order is what we had and more functional for me.  I had to reload several times, with the tech support who agreed it wasn't functioning well.  It wasn't a good solution so I cancelled it.  Handheld Contact now has a product to link iPhone 4 but it too is still in development.  They, apparently had a product ready to launch for iPhone 3 and then Apple released iPhone 4 so although they released a product, it really isn't ready for the marketplace - but at least they are trying to respond to their customers.  HH doesn't populate the iPhone Contacts so doesn't link with the telephone or text functions.  I now have a list of telephone numbers that are not linked to names.  It also doesn't group contacts and there is no calendar.  These are all necessary functions for a "road warrior".  HH does provide excellent and prompt personal tech support and I think with time this will be a good product.  I spoke with an Act rep on 7 Oct 2010, he said their App for iPhone 4 is in approval stage with Apple so could be released soon.  I've used ACT for so many years and have so much history stored in it that to change to another contact manager now would be extremely time consuming.  But if ACT doesn't put more time into developing products that respond to the marketplace as it is evolving, I can't see how they expect to retain customers.  The iPhone came out years ago and they've yet to produce one product that works with it.    I again ask, if anyone knows of a contact manager that works with iPhone - please, please pass that information along.

Highlighted
Astute Commentator

I can't believe that no one in this thread suggested using Hand Held Contact. www.handheldcontact.com This is a program that basically puts ACT on your handheld device. There are some limitations and it is not free, but it works quite well. I have been using it successfully for roughly 3 years.