Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

iPhone application for ACT!

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Re: iPhone application for ACT!

What kind of a handheld device are you using?  I used Handheld Contact to link ACT with my Palm Treo Mobile with great success but they didn't come out with a product for iPhone 4 until very recently.  I am using it but it's missing a lot of functionality that I need.  They say it's coming and I said, they provide excellent service.  I don't think I have any choice but to wait.

Highlighted
Astute Commentator

I use it with my BlackBerry. I suppose it works slightly different with iPhone? If you say that it lacks some functionality with iPhone than I believe you as I have never used it that way. Unfortunately there are very few good options here. One would think that Sage would develop this type of thing themselves, but apparently there just isn't the demand. I am somewhat miffed as well as I feel like I am sort of stuck with the crappy BB as it is the only decent solution that works with handheld contact and is available from T-Moblie. BB web browser and screensize both suck big time, but there isn't anything else out there for T-Mobile so I guess I just have to wait until HHC is compatible with Android or move to AT&T (neither of which is very appealing)

Highlighted
Bronze Super Contributor

I've got to say I am a HHC fan boi.

It is in my own humble opinion the best option out there for most (but not all) situations.

That said, I do wish they'ed hurry up with a new iPhone version (one that has a calendar view) and even more so, I wish the Android version would hurry up and be here.

Yes I'm impatient. But I know it.

Ben.

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

I've just created what may be a solution to populating my iPhone 4 Contact List.  Rather than sync my entire Outlook address book, I've created a specific iPhone contact list for my most used numbers and it synced perfectly to the iPhone 4.  I now have a list of names attached to the phone numbers in my Favourites.  For some reason, it didn't populate the text messages so they are still all just a bunch of numbers with no names attached :/  

Highlighted

Re: IPhone application for ACT!

I an contemplating companionlink. Does it work without any major issues? And, can does ACT have the same functionality on the iphone as on a computer. Final part, are there any issues with synchronising data? Thanks for your comments.

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

I've been using Handheld Contact for a year and they are improving the integration all the time.  They've done some upgrading over the year and it's now working really well with ACT.  In addition, their support is prompt, personal and excellent.  My only remaining issue is that I have about 1500 contacts in my ACT database and they are grouped in ACT.  HHC doesn't group them so I can't look up one contact in the hope it will lead me to others names I can't readily recall.  That's a big drawback for me when I'm on the road.  Generally speaking, unless ACT does offer something significantly better - I'll probably stay with HHC.

Highlighted

Bit confused. I have ACT and want to use it on my iPhone. Is HHC a way to do this?