Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

iPhone/Outlook/ACT

iPhone/Outlook/ACT

OK...I have a bit of a challenge. My company uses Outlook 2007 on an Exchange Server, and it wirelessly syncs with our company iPhones.

My iPhone will stay synced with Outlook, but I have ACT 2010, and I need to sync it bi-directionally with Outlook, so that it will also (in theory) stay synced with my iPhone.

I need to keep my Contacts, Calendar, and To-Dos in sync. Will Companion Link do this? 

I don't need it to be wireless. I don't mind plugging my iPhone into my computer at night to do this.

Thanks in advance...I'm a little confused....<smile>

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: iPhone/Outlook/ACT

CompanionLink should do that, but I hear of far to many people where it has ended up duplicating records in their database.

I'm now using Handheld Contact for the iPhone, which is working really well to get my ACT! data onto the phone.

Copper Elite Contributor

Hello Jerry and Mike,

Companion Link works fine form me with no duplication problems.

Also, I prefer to balance benefits of up grading software instead of paying annual fees.

Mac, Jorge A. Mac Genity
Using ACT! by Sage 2013 Pro Version 15.1.108.0, on Windows 7
Intel Core I7-2600 CPU @ 3,40 GHz
12,0 GB - 64 bits - NVidia GForce GTX 360 SE

McGnity

Does Companionlink bring across country codes and the + sign?  I am on ACT 2011, Win7 and Outlook 2010.  I can get the country code across but not the + sign so the iphone will not allow me to dial.  It comes up as a wrong number.  I believe it is OK in the US but I am in the Pacific.  Just upgraded to Outlook 2010 after a disk crash.  This used to work on the previous version of Outlook but is now it is not and is very frustrating.   Handheld Contact has been suggested but as you say it is an annual fee and is not that cheap when compared with the cost of ACT.  it would be nice if the ACT sync with Outlook worked properly.   Any input will be greatly received.

Ian

Platinum Elite Contributor

[ Edited ]

None of the ACT! sync products (ACT!/Outlook or Sage Mobile) bring across the ACT! Country Code.

CompanionLink does.

BTW: Handheld Contact has a new iPhone version released to Apple last Friday... and should be on the AppStore in another week ... quite a few powerful functions.

[Edited: removed comments not directly answering question.]