Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

iPhone App

iPhone App

And now Windows operating system added to mobile phone, which nobody has, and still nothing for theiPhone. Idon't get it!

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: iPhone App

Hello donday1us,

iPhone support for Sage Mobile for ACT! is in developement and will be out later this year. Currently, the two most popular iPhone sync apps for ACT! are CompanionLink and Handheld Contact.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Highlighted

I just set up Handheld contact - really am anxious for ACT to support iphone synchronization - will make my life much easier if I can update in the field and enjoy as much ACT functionality as possible. I have to say though - I'm enjoying handheld contact. They just updated it and it's good. I'm on the month to month subscription (14.99/mo) so I can drop it if they can get this app mentioned here released in the Fall. Downside is a limit of 3k contacts - it seems I'm always needing one that isn't on my phone no matter how carefully I try to use the groups to sort them. :-)

The iPhone app from Sage in beta was limited to 1000 contacts and only linked to the native address book, so without most of the ACT! functionality.

It's also possible, on a case-by-case basis to increase the limit in Handheld Contact ... I have 7000 contacts

...and how does one go about getting 7k contacts on their phone with HandHeld Contact Smiley Happy

Is there a fee involved for such wisdom?

It may turn out in six months or so I don't need half the ones I have there now - but until then I really need access to as much data as possible.

Copper Contributor

How do you get more than 3000 on your iphone/Blackberry?

How do you do that? Do I have to contact Handheld?  I have 3700 contacts but only have 2970 on my iphone.

Thanks,

Ron

It does depend on the model of the phone ... most phones have 512MB RAM for all apps and databases (the new Blackberry Bold has 768MB, older phones may have less). It also depends on how many fields, notes and histories you need to fit into the limited RAM.

For more info, contact me via Private Message ... the little envelop at the top right of this site

To: Mike Lazar & Greig Hollister,

I am a long time Act! user & wish to buy a Droid type phone & the Act! App to run my Database on the phone.  I plan to do this in August, 2011.  I have 1 data base with 3,500 contacts & the other has 4,800 contacts here are my questions. 

1. What Droid type phone (not an iPhone) should I purchase that will have the most RAM available to run this app & contacts?

2.  What version of Act! is supported by the Act! phone app that will come out this fall?  And is the phone app 32 or 64 bit?

3.  What version of the Act! phone app do I want?

4.  Do I have to merge my 2 data bases into 1 that is 8,000 contacts to work?  And will any phone have the upgraded RAM to handle that?

5.  Will MS Word documents attached to the contacts be brought over in MS Word & will I be able to open & manipulate those MS Word attachments on the Droid type phone with the Act! phone app?

6.  I am currently running MS Vista on my laptop & on my home computer, do I need to upgrade to Windows 7 or can I use the Vista programs that I currently have to run the Act! phone app?

7.  Is there a demo I can see on the Act! phone app for a Droid type phone? 

8.  Do you have a page that lists what the Act! phone app will do & number of fields it will work with etc, and the requirements to run it?

9.  When exactly in the Fall will the Act! phone app be available & what will be the cost?

Sincerely,

Mike Haverstock

MikeHaverstock@aol.com