Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

hyperlink to website to contain act field values as parameters

hyperlink to website to contain act field values as parameters

firstly, i assume i can create shortcuts in act that by clicking the icon would pull up a desired webpage (i.e. www.WhitePages.ca) which is a site I frequent.

What would really be great if I can pull up this webpage along with the necessary whitepages parameters populated from the current record's field values. For example, this is the whitepages' URL for displaying details on the phone number (123) 456-7890:

http://www.whitepages.ca/phone/1-123-456-7890

so i would need act to firstly link to www.whitepages.ca/phone/ and then populate the remainder of this URL from the phone number field that contains (123) 456-7890

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: hyperlink to website to contain act field values as parameters

Thanks so much for your reply to my post. This seems to be EXACTLY what I have intended. However, my version is 2008 but this would be a push to upgrade. Before upgrading, wondering how it would work with a website such as yellowpages.ca . If Act does not have support for this exact website, how would it know how to convert the Act contact's values to the proper parameter format required for yellowpages.ca?

Actually, I do see how this is done in the Edit Links dialogue box. However, how would I extract just a portion of the contact's phone number such as to separate into area code, first 3 digits and last 4 digits?

I think that could only be with some custom code...

But try it without formatting for a number you know... like:
http://www.whitepages.ca/phone/1234567890

It seems to fix the formatting and add the CC for you anyway

You are right it converts the formatting. this is not something i wouldn've figured out on my own.

thanks!!!

Not sure how ACT! sends the phone field to a link (don't have time to test now) ... but hopefully, as the site doesn't seem to care about formatting, or even if the CC is there, it should work