Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

how edit Opportunities List View & Related Tasks

Astute Commentator

how edit Opportunities List View & Related Tasks

I'd like to edit the Opportunity "List View" to add another selector.  While I can & did edit the Opportunity Field to create a new drop down list, I'd like to edit the list view thing so as to enable using it.

Here's a pix of what I'm trying to do: the items circled in red are what I need. I drew them in w/ PhotoPaint.

ACT_List-menu edits needed.jpg

Bronze Super Contributor

Re: how edit Opportunities List View & Related Tasks

There is no feature to edit/change the 'filters' in the list views in native act!. We have developed an add-on which enhances each list view. The addon is named Impact Suite v5.

Impact adds new features and functionality to all list views. Below is a screen shot of the opportunity view.  You can create multiple column sets based on criteria such as open/close or any other field in the opportunity table.

We also expose a quick 'Picklist' panel which you can set to any field. We supporting grouping and running totals, color rules and a more robust filtering panel system at the bottom of the list view.

Opps.png

You can download the free trial at www.DurkinComputing.com

Thanks

-- Jim Durkin

Astute Commentator

[ Edited ]

Very interesting.  I am trying to use Opportunities and make them like Projects.  The problem with Opportunities is that they are too set & I believe ACT only really caters to the "Lexus Car Dealership" type of short term Opportunities.  I have an engineering business where I need to track Opportunities over multiple phases & time frames.  ACT is difficult to use for this.

Note sure the Impact suite 5 will really help & of course in engineering funds are very tight.  Do you have an option for the more frugal?

Bronze Super Contributor

You can purchase the Opportunity List Plus v5 modules separately. The prices for each modules are posted on our web site.

Astute Commentator

Well the least I can do is download the evaluation copy of the Impact Report Designer.  If it can help with ACT's limited lookup capabilities, then I'll buy the pertinent modules.  Hopefully this is the one that I need.