Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

holidays

holidays

How do i and where do i put holidays into my act calendar?
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: holidays

You could create a contact for holidays and schedule activities with full-day banners for the holidays

Is there any add-on that would fill in all the standard holidays for the USA. It would be nice when you are in calendar mode to be able to see up coming holidays and plan accordingly.
JPK

Last I heard, an ACC Ron Madara had a holiday add-on some years ago... I don't know if he's kept it current, but I think he now works here http://www.ew-associates.com/

If you contact them and find out, let us know if he still supplies it.

Thank you Mike for your quick reply. I went to the web site and under Products/ AddOn Store they do have a product called HolidayWiz Calendar for Act. Unfortunately it does not say if it supports Act! 10. I will call them next week after the holiday (lol) and let you know if it has been updated.
JPK

I don't know if that's Ron's product, but he's a great guy and will let you know if he is still doing it or if HolidayWiz is the way to go with ACT! 10

I saw Ron's name shown in the credits for HolidayWhiz but looked right now and can't find where I read it. So I can only say I am pretty sure it is his software.
JPK

Copper Contributor

Here's a quick and easy way to pull in the National Holidays from Outlook 2003.  

1) To first create the United States Holidays in Outlook 2003:
Pulldown tools, select Options,
click on Preferences tab,
click on Calendar Options button,
click on Add Holidays button,
select United States,
click OK.

2) Then to move those Holidays over to ACT:
Pulldown Tools, point to Outlook Activities,
select Update Activities,
select "One-Way from Outlook Calendar to ACT! Calendar",
select all of the current year as the date range,
click OK

We repeat this process every calendar year.

¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤
Daniel Graves . . . Los Angeles, CA . . . www.DATABASE-LA.com

Re: holidays - a relativly quick way to enter....

I have always been frustrated with managing lists of dates - like holidays - I wanted a "duplicate" function to at least make it easier to enter them.  But I did discover that you can Copy & Paste (Ctrl-c & Ctrl-V)  -- perhaps this is silly obvious and I am just slow but I kept looking for a "duplicate event" type function (like a contact).....

IN calendar view, I set up one holiday event (to-do) the way I like, Different color, time 8:00-4:00 - banner, link to my company etc. Then hit OK. 

Now select (do not open) the event you just created and Ctrl-C (or edit/copy), then move to the next day you have a holiday, Ctrl-V (edit/paste) and just change the name, all of the other setting are the same.  The event will stay in the clipboard so you just need to move-paste-change name for each holiday.