Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

history not being recorded

history not being recorded

I am trying to record a history, but it doesn't show up under the contact or under "my Contact" after I hit OK

I have tried logging in as 2 different users with no luck

Emails sent do show up in history

Re: history not being recorded

I recently upgraded ACT 2010 to service pack 1 and this upgrade caused unexpected loss of histories for e mails that I sent with Outlook Professional 2003.  After several attempts to determine if I had a problem with the software or if I was just forgetting about entering data, I got the tech support group in Atlanta and found that Service Pack 1 causes several problems with Outlook.  I noted that I got memory errors and then the act.outlook file would close disabling attachment of e mail to histories in ACT.  This may not be your problem but it is worth noting if you upgrade ACT 2010 at this time to the service pack 1.

I am in Medical Sales and have used ACT since version 2.0 was released.
Platinum Super Contributor

Are any history items showing on the tab?  Be sure to check the filters on the tab and set them to 'All Dates', 'All' types, and Select Users set to 'All Users'.

In addtion to Email history items, have you tried creating a History directly from the tab using the 'New History' icon?

You'll need to make sure that the basic History functionality is working before addressing email histories.  If you have set up Act! to use Outlook as your email client, review this article for steps to resolve: No History Created When Sending E-mail from Microsoft® Outlook® 2003/2007.

Greg Martin
Sage

Yes,  all dates, alltype and all users filter are OK

Yes, I tried to add a new history using the Icon, but no luck.

Any other suggestions?

? reboot ACT

Gary

Platinum Super Contributor

2 things:

1. Test in the Actdemo database to see if you can record history (username 'Chris Huffman', no password).

2. Run Check and Repair in your main database (Tools > Database Maintenance > Check and Repair).

Greg Martin
Sage