Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

help with a database

help with a database

hi, new user of act10  - my pc crashed big time and had to reload OS, reloaded ACT now cant get he data base to oad( 30MB) when using before meltdown did have the data base selected as a shared one .. any ideas

Thanks

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: help with a database

What is the error message you are receiving when you try to open your database?

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

the error is   the database eclipsevalves 1 can not be acessed. In order to access this data base check your network connection, and verify your database server  is available. it may be nesaccry to disable your firewall.....................

now i am not going thru a server, the data base file is on my machine hard drive,

my machin is linked to two other machines that share a folder, all that is working ok,

the only thing is that before my pc crashed i had the eclipsevalves1 databsed  ticked as a shared database as i had my lap top linked to it also.. but hever had that working.

the eclipsevalves1 is about 30Mb, not huge but i dont want to redo it...

Please see the possible causes and solutions for this error in KB Article 19640. Try the 4th and 6th items on the list first.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Hi, have gone over all these things,    it appears the SQL Server (ACT 7) is not even present in my services list???

Have reloaded act, and updated to latest version, and the demo file will not even run...    what is going on...

If the SQL service is not available, then you will not be able to open your database. So you will need to install this service. The easiest way to do this is to uninstall ACT! from your machine (through Add/Remove Programs). When uninstalling ACT!, you will also want to uninstall the MSXML 6.0 Parser program and any programs starting with "Microsoft SQL Server", if present.

After uninstalling, reboot your machine and reinstall from your ACT! CD or download. The SQL service will be reinstalled along with ACT!.

Greig Hollister