Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

help stuck in notes field

help stuck in notes field

Can not get back to the default contact list - instead I am getting a drop down list which doesn't have fax #s and other info.  I can't imagine it would be hard to get back to the original list but hours later I need help.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: help stuck in notes field

Hello advancedrecycling,
Welcome to the Sage ACT! User Community. I'm not sure what you mean by "default contact list". Are you referring to your database, in that you are unable to open the database you need? Please provide additional details as to what you are looking for here.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Thanks for relpying.  I don't know what happened but I can no longer get my database in a record by record format.  Instead,  when I click on contact list, I get a list of all contacts and when I click on a contact the screen takes me right to the notes for that contact.  I was thinking VIEW but nothing I have tried has helped me get back to the orginal format  of record by record.   Please let me know if you have any ideas.  I will have to set a restore point and lose data if I can't fix it.  Thanks so much.

[ Edited ]

Just to clarify, when you double-click on a contact in the list view, you are not seeing the contact detail screen? The Notes would normally be tab under the contact's record on their detail screen. If you are not seeing what you expect in the detail view, you may have the wrong layout selected.

Also, what version of ACT! are you using (from Help > About ACT!), and what Windows operating system does your machine use?

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Hi,  I think you may be right as I am NOT in the detail screen, I have a long list and when I click on a contact I go right to their notes.   I havb ACT 10m-   how do I  switch views?   Any ideas?   I can not thank you enough for trying to help us out.   Thank you 1000 times.  

[ Edited ]

If you are not seeing anything but the notes, then it is possible you may have the tab row on the detail screen pulled all the way to the top so that it is covering the rest of the detail screen. Look for the row of tabs (Notes, Histories, Activities, Opportunities, etc.) at the top of the detail screen, then hover your mouse over the tabs until the cursor turns into double arrows. Then hold down your left mouse button and drag the tab row down until you can see the rest of the detail screen.

Greig Hollister

I tried but don't see anything......    I do have the company name in a box at the top along with edit mode and tag mode tabgs.   I don't know where I am...    Should I try layout?  How do I do that?  Thanks for not giving up on us.  

Can you include a screenshot of what you are seeing when you double-click on contact in the list view? Just copy the screen then paste it into your reply.

Greig Hollister

[ Edited ]

It will only copy contact info - not screen.    Darn.    I used edit to copy but it won't copy the screen.  Right click doesn't let me copy either....

[Edit: removed personal contact info]

[ Edited ]

Please see your Private Messages in this Community.

Greig Hollister