Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

help i'm stuck and i can't get sync up!

help i'm stuck and i can't get sync up!

ACT! is unable to connect to the sync server. Check to be sure "accept incoming sync" is enabled in the main database and that the Network sync service is running. Also be sure you are connected to your network

i've tried multiple things out of the knowledge base, i have sync on, same version, same update, same network, i must be missing something out please help

roy

Bronze Super Contributor

Re: help i'm stuck and i can't get sync up!

What version of Act!?

Has it ever worked?  If so, what is different since?

Have you checked firewall settings on both client and server?

How is your network set up?

Can other people sync successfully?

version 11.

yes it worked when we had the database on the desktop and synced the laptop to it, but now we have the database on the laptop and the desk top won't

sync to it.  the laptop is connected to the net work wirelessly, is that a problem?

yes i have diabled the firewall on the server and the client, and i am running xp on both units

it a work group through windows

we only have the 2 that sync. crazy thing is, is that we can get on to each other's unit through the network but it is just act that is not working.

i jus bought 2010 and am about to install it, should this be fixed first before i proceed?

Platinum Super Contributor

First, upgrading to a newer version won't fix a remote that can't connect and sync.

It sounds like you have moved your databases (host and remote), if that is the case - you will need to update the synchronization information to point to the appropriate computer name.  Review the steps in this article and ensure that your host and remote are updated to reflect the correct information:

How to Move a Publisher or Subscriber and retain synchronization

Greg Martin
Sage