Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

handling tasks efficiently

handling tasks efficiently

Handling tasks efficiently in ACT!

I am a new user to ACT!

There must be a simpler way to do what I am doing in managing tasks….

This is what I do

1)      See a task in my list

2)      Click on the task

3)      Do the task

4)      Schedule another task related to this.

Once this is done, I find I am taken back to the very top of my tasks.  Then I must scroll down, find the original task in my list, click on it and complete.

Then I am taken back to the very top of my task list again, and I must find my way back down to where I was before in my task list……is there an easier way to do this?

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: handling tasks efficiently

Hello jclelland,
Welcome to the Sage ACT! Community. When you finish the task, then you will clear (complete) the task in ACT!. In the dialog for clearing the task, there is a Follow-Up button. Click this schedule the next task - this way you can clear the current task and schedule the next task at the same time.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

I am sorry.  I am not following.

When I finish the task, I schedule the next by clicking call/meeting/to do and selecting the time and date I want to do it.  Once I do that, I do not see a place I can clear the current task at the same time.

Do you have a series of screen shots I can see to do this?

Thank you very much for your help

James

Nickel Contributor

What Greig was saying is that once you've done the task, you right-click it and select Clear Activity. This brings up the Clear Activity window at the bottom of which you have a Follow-Up button which allows you to schedule a follow-up activity at the same time you clear the task.

Gilles Cavin
http://www.exponenciel.com
Make sure you check our free Act! add-ons!
Create Web forms in seconds and import form results directly into Act! with Automatic Web Forms
Fill in PDF Forms without retyping data using Act! to PDF Forms