Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

getting past tutorial

getting past tutorial

I have been using ACT over 20 years and am now using Pro 2011.  Here's my problem.  Usually, I click on Act and my contact data base pops up.  BUT...recently the silly thing has decided to take me to a Tutorial which I neither need or want.  I just want my DB.  How can I get rid of this tutorial and get my DB back?

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: getting past tutorial

Hello George,
Welcome to the Sage ACT! User Community. This might be the Welcome Page you are seeing. Try this:
- After ACT! opens, click the Tools menu and then Preferences
- Go to the Startup tab
- Change your start up screen to Contacts
- Click Apply, then OK
- Close and reopen ACT!

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Thanks so much for the suggestion.  I followed to the letter.  I discovered 'Contacts' was already entered as the opening page, but I did click apply and OK and restarted.

This time it again came up on the Welcome/Tutorial page, BUT...the sign in option also came up overlaid, so I proceeded and behold it worked.  Actually I do not need the sign-in or a pass word since I am the only user, but, I WILL leave well enough alone.

Now to see if it will stand the test of time.

Again...thanks loads for the suggestion.  So far so good.  If it does not hold I'll let you kmow.

George Goldtrap

Ormond by the Sea, FL

I was away tonight for a couple of hours. When I came back I again tried to bring up my Act Contacts. Unfortunately I got the same old thing....the Tutorial. This afternoon your suggestion worked three times in a row. Tonight it does not work. Dissapointing. Any other ideas would be appreciated. George Goldtrap

Copper Elite Contributor

In your Startup Preferences, you can specify that you would like to open the database you had open last, or some named database. I am guessing that either would work fine for you.

The tutorial is just a part of the Welcome Screen now.  I guess it didn't used to be that way.

Mark Rogers
Act! v16 HF5, Office 365 SBP

You are correct, the Tutorial screen is a part of the welcome screen.  Problem is there is no way that I have found to get past it to your Contact DB.     GG