Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

first time user

first time user

I have never used a program like this and need help.  Any recommendations for classes or videos on how to get started?

Re: first time user

lynda.com has fee based training sessions, or you can order an "Act for Dummies" book, HTH, Mike

Loving life with over 17 yrs of full time B2B sales and CRM usage
Copper Super Contributor

You could also look at the ``Quick Study`` guides & books published by Cornerstone

http://www.cornerstonesolutions.com/courseware.html

Hope that helps

Luis

Platinum Super Contributor

Hello DZ123,

Welcome to the ACT! Online Community!

Within the Act! program you can find videos for many of the program functions under the Help > Feature Tours option.  The Quick Study guide can be found under the Help > Online Manuals option.

Greg Martin
Sage
Copper Elite Contributor

Thanks Mike.

Tony Holowitz
Arlington (Boston), Massachusetts
781-728-9777

www.tonytheteacher.com
www.365ActTips.com
www.TeachAnOldDogNewTricks.com

The latest version of Act for Dummies is 2008 (I believe).  There isn't one for 2011.  Could I still use this version or would it be very different?

Platinum Super Contributor

While many of the functions will be the same, you'd have to expect differences in screen layouts.  And there are functions in the newer versions that won't appear at all in a book for ACT! 2008.  But the book may be good in helping to understand some of the basics (creating a contact/activity/Group/Company/Sharing a DB/Creating a Remote DB/etc.).  If you haven't purchased it yet, I'd recommend using the items listed under the Help menu > Feature Tours before buying it.

Greg Martin
Sage
Platinum Elite Contributor

Yes and no. Most of the basic information is valid but there have been significant changes to the ACT! user interface that aren't covered in the book.There are a couple of books on ACT! 2011 that are available in pre-published form here

https://www.packtpub.com/sage-act-2011-dashboard-and-report-cookbook/book

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Do you know of any places I can sign up for a class in either New Hampshire or Mass?  I know I can work with a consultant for an hourly fee, but that would be too expensive.

Thanks

Debbie