Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

finding total number of different companies in our data base??

finding total number of different companies in our data base??

Hi!

Quick question;

I have a data base (11,000+ contacts) that was given to me to do some work on..first question was ..."tell me how many companies are in the database"  seems easy enough, but I can't figure out how to do this. Listing "Companies" only presents company entires that do not have any contact names >>

Any help woul dbe appreciated!

D.G.

Maryland USA

Re: finding total number of different companies in our data base??

I forgot to add that I am using ACT! PRO 2013!
Silver Super Contributor

If you go to the company view there will be a number in the bar at the bottom of the page for the number of companies in the database.  If however you want to know the number of different companies listed in the company field in the contact record the way I would do it is export the contact list to Excel and then get a unique list of the contents of the company column.  There is a function in Excel to let you do that.

Stan

If you would like to get more out of ACT! you can find an ACT! Certified Consultant near you by going to:www.act.com/acc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stan Smith
ACT! Certified Consultant
ADS Programming Services, Inc.
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com
Click Here to Purchase Act!

Thanks for the tip..it seems to be a rather round about way to do this...but so be it

David G.
Silver Super Contributor

It's finding the unique companies that makes it a little tricky.  If you just want the contacts that have a company listed you can do a lookup on the company field with the operation "Contains Data".

Stan

If you would like to get more out of ACT! you can find an ACT! Certified Consultant near you by going to:www.act.com/acc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stan Smith
ACT! Certified Consultant
ADS Programming Services, Inc.
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com
Click Here to Purchase Act!