Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

fields are populated with a zero when you tab through them

Tuned Listener

fields are populated with a zero when you tab through them

ACT 2010 12.0.409.0, Hotfix 3 

I have a few decimal fields in my database and I just started noticing today that if I am tabbing through these fields and they are blank ACT puts a 0 in the field and I can't get rid of the zero.  I did apply the Hotfix #3 today and did not notice this prior to this but I am not 100% sure it just started doing this with the Hotfix #3.

I tried changing the fields to a number field as they don't exhibit this behavior but I get an error message when trying to convert the field to anything else. The error message is "failed to perform the specified conversion".

So then I thought I would just create a new number field and move the data into that field but I can't create new fields. I get an error message that says "Can't find the user ACTOLEDB, because it does not exist or you do not have permission.  The statement has been terminated."

Any ideas why it is doing this and how it can be corrected?

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: fields are populated with a zero when you tab through them

See if this helps:

- Close ACT! 

- In Windows Explorer (Computer/My Computer) browse to C:/Program Files/ACT/Act for Windows

- Locate the file SecurityCmdLnApp.exe and double-click it to run

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Copper Contributor

This seems to be something new in ACT! 2010. I can't think of a way to force blanks in a decimal field. If I click on a decimal field by mistake, it populates 0.00. I am able to manually remove it and save the contact record but when I refresh the view, it shows 0.00 again. This means that the 0s are never being taken out to begin with.

We have several decimal fields in our database and a blank is different from a 0.00. 0.00 means we are charging the customer $0.00, but a blank means the customer does not want that service.

In ACT! 2009 and prior versions, decimal fields were not defaulting to 0 when we click onto them and could be set to blanks. I have reproduced this issue on the demo database as well. Does anyone know a work around?

Version: ACT! by Sage Premium 2010 Version 12.0.409.0, Hotfix 3

Thanks!

Platinum Elite Contributor

Thank you for participating in the ACT! Community. I have duplicated the issue you described and have reported it for further research. An update will be provided if the status changes or if an alternative work-around to this issue is identified. I apologize for any inconvenience this issue may cause.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Copper Contributor

Any updates on when this will be fixed?

Many checks within our database and our integrated web application are failing due to this and have to be updated constantly. Please let me know if there is at least a way to get rid of the 0s once they are populated automatically.

Copper Contributor

Will this issue be addressed in SP 1?