Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

field displayed in list view but is not shown in detail view

field displayed in list view but is not shown in detail view

I have a field that I was able to add to the list view and search for data but the field does not appear anywhere on the detail view. I suspect that when we upgraded to the 2010 version the field was hidden as there is data in the field so at some point the field was showing on the contact detail view. How do I add the field back to the detail view? Thanks!

Tuned Listener

Re: field displayed in list view but is not shown in detail view

Depending on which details view it is, you want to click Tools from the menu bar, select Design Layours then click on either Contact, Group, Company, or Oppertunity.

The types of fields will be shown on the left. If you click and drag a field type to the layout, a list of all available fields of that particular type will appear. Select the field that is missing from your layout and click OK.

If the field you are looking for is not in the list, it is already somewhere on the layout - you can not have the same field in 2 places.

Bronze Super Contributor

Re: field displayed in list view but is not shown in detail view

In other words:  Custom fields are not automatically added to layouts when you create them.

The default ACT! layouts will not include any of your custom fields (unless someone added them of course).