Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

export notes from Act Pro 2011

export notes from Act Pro 2011

I got the free trial add on, data fields exporter for Act.  In the box to perform the deed, it says ACT! Database and I am supposed to browse for the database file.  I did a backup today to make sure I had a current one.  However, when I select that PAD file it says failed to log in to database.  I enter the user name that we use to get into the ACT! program which does not have a password.  I get an error saying failed to log in.  

Have no idea what to do to get passed this step.

If I cannot get this to work, is there a way to do this differently?  

Thanks,

Dawna

Silver Super Contributor

Re: export notes from Act Pro 2011

I would contact the developer.  They probably need to update the program for the newer version of ACT!.  If you want to save them some time you can tell them that they probably need to update the .NET assemblies to version 3.5.  The developer should know what that means.

Stan

If you would like to get more out of ACT! you can find an ACT! Certified Consultant near you by going to:www.act.com/acc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stan Smith
ACT! Certified Consultant
ADS Programming Services, Inc.
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com
Click Here to Purchase Act!

Upgrading is not likely.  We are seriously look at other programs, but if we are going to do that, we want our notes to be able to be exported. 

Silver Super Contributor

I meant they need to update their program for the version of ACT! that you are using.  I've seen that error message before (I'm a developer) and it probably means they need to recompile their program with the .NET 3.5 assemblies.

Stan

If you would like to get more out of ACT! you can find an ACT! Certified Consultant near you by going to:www.act.com/acc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stan Smith
ADS Programming Services, Inc.
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com
Click Here to Purchase Act!
Platinum Elite Contributor

Which data exporter are you using? From what company?

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Platinum Elite Contributor