Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

export contacts to another database

Highlighted

export contacts to another database

i need to export a database/contacts/calendar to a database that will fit my laptop becayse i have a space limitation.  is there an alternative to act?

any suggestions?

tx?

Silver Contributor

Re: export contacts to another database

I can't really answer the "alternative" question without knowing what your want to do.  Are you looking for storey and names and addresses like a rolodex? or more...

as far a getting rid of ACT for space reasons...  That doesn't make a lot of sense.  ACT with the database may take a couple of gigs of memory.  Most current machines have more than ample resources.  I personally run a rather small hard drive (40 gig) for much of our ACT work and there is still plenty of room. 

Makes me wonder if you are making the best decision for you and if you are basing this on the correct facts.

Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider

jon

thanks for your reply

I've been using ACT since it was invented but do not pretend to be more than a rudimentary user. i need to move database / contacts and calendar from desktop to laptop when i leave the office so they're always current, and vice versa. 

if there's a way to do that easily i'd sure like to know what it is; is 'import - export - the answer? otherwise i'm trying to find an alterntive to ACT without having to pay a fortune to have 1500 contacts moved manually.

thanks, again,.

Silver Contributor

The best easiest way would be to set up sync. Sync before you leave, work all night, sync the next day. Touch of a button.

Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider