Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

exception of type 'systemOutOfMemoryException' was thrown.

Copper Contributor

exception of type 'systemOutOfMemoryException' was thrown.

Act.Outlook.Service error message pops up...exception of type 'systemOutOfMemoryException' was thrown.

help.

Tuned Listener

Re: exception of type 'systemOutOfMemoryException' was thrown.

I am getting the same message from Act!2010 on a Windows 7 machine running Outlook 2007.
Copper Contributor

Tuned Listener

I did have a lot of temporary message to delete that weren't attached. Why does ACT! let these accumulate? ACT! should be cleaning up after itself and not require the user to check up on it. There is an Advanced setting for purgingunattached messages after a certain number of days. But that is apparently not working.
Tuned Listener

After removing all the unattached messages, I again got the out of memory error message.
Tuned Listener

I'm checking the messages not processed several times a day. I just got the OutOfMemory message about 20 minutes after deleting the not processed messages.

I have the exact same set-up...Windows 7 and Outlook 2007.  ACT 2010, Version 12.1.181.0, Hot Fix 1.  I'm getting the exact same message.

I'm also getting ACT.Outlook.Service has stopped working and ACT Array Index Out of Bounds.

My system was working perfectly until I recently switched from a POP3 server to IMAP.  Now I have to reboot my system a few times a day to get Outlook and ACT to work together logging my e-mails sent from Outlook to attach to history in ACT.

Is ACT compatible with Outlook while using IMAP?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Tuned Listener

In my case my email is POP3.

I've been monitoring the tmp files in the HistoryQueue folder mentioned at the link in an earlier post. I constantly find files there after using the Remove function to remove all Not Attached Messages. Files are accumulating there that are neither attached nor unattached.

Is any assistance from Act! forthcoming?

Tuned Listener

[ Edited ]

I am also receiving these messages daily. After my PC with ACT 2010 and Outlook runs for approx 8 hours, it gets progressively slower in response and eventually "throws" this exception message and act.outlook.service.exe is stopped.

I have cleaned the email match files and still receive this error. It would be helpful if someone with technical understanding of this error could offer a fix or workaround. Please don't tell  me not to use the Outlook integration since that is one of the reasons that I upgraded to the 2010 version of ACT.

HELP!

Message Edited by rleuner on 04-06-2010 02:36 PM
Copper Contributor

ACT!'s silence on this issue is concerning. Since this happens on every machine I have running ACT!, it must be happening to everyone whether they know it or not.

This is EXTREMELY frustrating.