Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

error msg from Outlook 2010 & act pro 2012

error msg from Outlook 2010 & act pro 2012

Newly installed Outlook 2010 & upgraded to Act pro 2012 ver 14.

I get the following error:

When opening outlook - Act address  book service is not properly configured, or the config database ...Ares...people - places. pad is locked. Do you want to configure now? I say yes.

After that Outlook opens.

Then I try opening Act. get this error - SQL database service is not started.

I found on the community site that I should look for services.msc file - did that yesterday But that is not correcting the problem  bc the same error msgs show up every time I start Outlook & Act.

I can't get to may database. Please Help!

Thanks.

Copper Contributor

Re: error msg from Outlook 2010 & act pro 2012

I noticed several people viewing this Does anyone have an answer? Thanks in advance.
Silver Super Contributor

Go to the Start menu and select run.  Then run services.msc.  Then find the SQL ACT7 instance and right click on it and select start.  If it starts you should be able to get into ACT!

Stan

If you would like to get more out of ACT! you can find an ACT! Certified Consultant near you by going to:www.act.com/acc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stan Smith
ACT! Certified Consultant
ADS Programming Services, Inc.
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com
Click Here to Purchase Act!
Copper Contributor

Thanks Stan. I did that & yes it works. Problem is deeper though. If I shut down Outlook 2010 & act 2012 ver 14 the same two error msgs come up. So for now until someone offers another solution I am leaving those two softwares open. Any other ideas are really appreciated.
This was not a problem with Act ver 6 & outlook 2007 that I had before.
Silver Super Contributor

These things can be tricky to figure out sometimes.  Try removing and readding the Outlook integration and try resetting the programs associated with e-mail in Internet Explorer and see if either of those help.

Stan

If you would like to get more out of ACT! you can find an ACT! Certified Consultant near you by going to:www.act.com/acc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stan Smith
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com
Copper Contributor

Thanks I will try that.

Stan, I am have the same issue as RJacks. I tried to follow your recommendtion but could not find them on my system, can you help. I have over 10K contants on my datat base. All was working since 9/2011 and this just happened on 12/29/12.
Silver Super Contributor

It depends on what version of ACT! you have but basically you go into Tools | Preferences | Email  and then uncheck Outlook and save and close and reopen ACT! and then check Outlook and save essentially turning off email and turning it back on inside ACT!.  In Internet Explorer go to Tools | Internet Options | Programs | Set Programs and set Outlook to default to opening the files it can open.  That being said you might just need to run this command from the command prompt from inside the "C:\Program Files (x86)\Act\Act for Windows" folder.  The command is:  regsvr32 redemption.dll

Good luck!

Stan

Stan Smith
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com