Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

error message

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

error message

When trying to use Outlook for an email I got this message....... COM component with CLSID............ failed due to the following error 80004005.

In the FAQ there is a fix for a similar error message  "error" 80040154.

Are these the same and can I use this fix?  If not what should I do?? 

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author Ironlion
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Nickel Elite Contributor

Re: error message

Check to make sure that you product install contains the file called "Redemption.dll".  The CLSID reference is for this dll and the HResult that you are returned means that the file cannot be found. 

If this file is missing, simply copy it from your source media into the ACT! program directory.  Next, open a command window, navigate to the ACT! product install folder and type "regsvr32 redemption.dll"

You should see a message that the DLL has successfully registered and you should no longer encounter this error.

If the error continues, please post the full CLSID code so that I can cross reference this the the proper component.

Also, please list the version of ACT! you are usings (Help|About) and the version of Outlook, I am trying to understand why this error periodically occurs.

thanks,

-Matt

Matthew McFadden

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author Ironlion
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Nickel Elite Contributor

Check to make sure that you product install contains the file called "Redemption.dll".  The CLSID reference is for this dll and the HResult that you are returned means that the file cannot be found. 

If this file is missing, simply copy it from your source media into the ACT! program directory.  Next, open a command window, navigate to the ACT! product install folder and type "regsvr32 redemption.dll"

You should see a message that the DLL has successfully registered and you should no longer encounter this error.

If the error continues, please post the full CLSID code so that I can cross reference this the the proper component.

Also, please list the version of ACT! you are usings (Help|About) and the version of Outlook, I am trying to understand why this error periodically occurs.

thanks,

-Matt

Matthew McFadden
Platinum Elite Contributor

This process is also explained in the following Knowledgebase article:

Error: "Error Retrieving the COM Class Factory for Component with CLSID {741BEEFD-AEC0-4AFF-84AF-4F6...

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

we are using ACT 2009 -11.0 along with Outlook 2003

we are also using it on a Vista business system without SP 1

I saw that info but since the error message was different, I wasn't sure that it was the same fix

Please provide the exact error message so that we can provide the approriate steps to resolve your issue.

it has already been fixed.  the first answer gave me the info that i needed.