Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

error message: control created on one thread cannot be parented to a control on a different thread when repairing database

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

error message: control created on one thread cannot be parented to a control on a different thread when repairing database

[ Edited ]

Hello,

I am using Act! Pro Version 17.1.169.0 on a windows 7 machine with a local database. Since yesterday I am not able to make a backup due to a duplicate key error. When repairing the database Act tells me the repair has been performed but I also get a pop-up message with the error message in the subject. I have tried the maintenance utility several times but the error message keeps popping up. The act knowledge base tells be the problem should be in the Calendar viwe but the view seems to be workling well. I have alreadt removed old activities as instructed but no improvement.

I also checked the error message in the act schedulre which is:

Errors: Failed to log into the database. Cannot insert duplicate key row in object 'sys.syscommittab' with unique index 'si_xdes_id'. The duplicate key value is (1381734).
Failed to flush the commit table to disk in dbid 7 due to error 2601. Check the errorlog for more information.
BACKUP DATABASE is terminating abnormally.
PRC_MAINT_BACKUPDB: ERROR EXECUTING DATABASE BACKUP STATEMENT
The statement has been terminated.
Backup Filename and Path: C:\Users\leendert\Documents\ACT\ACT Data\Backup\ACT! adres1.zip

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by Brittany.Roberts (Administrator)
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Super Contributor

Re: error message: control created on one thread cannot be parented to a control on a different thread when repairing database

Hello,

which version of sql do you run on this pc for act? (you could check your act sql version at "actdiag")

if its 2008 maybe the following link could help you:

http://kb.swiftpage.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/28141/kw/dublicate%20row

Please also check if all your sql services are running.

(Act! need: SQL Server(ACT7), SQL Server Browser, SQL Server VSS Writer).

You can open the services if you just run the command "services.msc".

Best Regards,

David

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by Brittany.Roberts (Administrator)
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Super Contributor

Re: error message: control created on one thread cannot be parented to a control on a different thread when repairing database

Hello,

which version of sql do you run on this pc for act? (you could check your act sql version at "actdiag")

if its 2008 maybe the following link could help you:

http://kb.swiftpage.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/28141/kw/dublicate%20row

Please also check if all your sql services are running.

(Act! need: SQL Server(ACT7), SQL Server Browser, SQL Server VSS Writer).

You can open the services if you just run the command "services.msc".

Best Regards,

David

Copper Contributor

Do I run actdiag and services.msc from the comand line?

Copper Super Contributor

Yes you could run services.msc from the command line.

Open actdiag just by search in the windows search line.

actdiag.PNG

Copper Contributor

Thnk you I just did

Copper Contributor

Hello David,

Applying the SQL server patch helped! Thank you very much for your help.

Copper Super Contributor

Hi Maris,

thats great.

Hope you can work now without any issues.

Please mark this thread as solved for the other users.

Best Regards,

David