Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

error message after scheduling activity...

Tuned Listener

error message after scheduling activity...

[ Edited ]
Hi everybody, is it a common bug to get this error message: "Index and length must refer to a location within the string. Parametr name: length. " That happens everytime I try to schedule an activity and I am selecting a Start time from the scroll down menu. When I select , let´s say 8:30, this pop up comes out, I have to click OK to get rid of it and everything works fine. It´s not a big issue, but I find it pretty annoying. Do you have any suggestion? thanks Bye ah, another issue is when I am trying to do "tools - export to excel" , the error message is "old format or invalid type library. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80028018 (TYPE_E_INVDATAREAD)) I have ACT! 2008 10.0.0.237, HOTFIX 1 on windows XP office 2003 THanks again

Message Edited by cybbe on 03-14-2008 08:55 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: error message after scheduling activity...

Is this database converted from ACT! 6.0 or earlier?

You should also do a Detect and Repair in Excel and then download and apply the 10.01 patch
Tuned Listener

yes, originally it was an ACT!6 database and about the patch, I am gonna try that. I will tell you how it worked. thanks

Have you done much work in ACT! 10?

The only times I've seen similar errors is when a corrupt ACT! 6 activity was converted. Normally, I'd say fix the ACT! 6 data and re-convert.

You might try (BACKUP FIRST) - Tools | Database Maintenance | Remove Old Data - Remove Cleared Activities

See if that helps with the Activities.

The Excel D&R might help with the Excel issue, as might the 10.01 patch
Tuned Listener

I nearly exclusively worked with ACT!10 in the last month, many calls, to-does, notes,400 contacts imported from excel. the database is double backedup, in my pc and in my laptop which has a remote database copy. where do I find the patch? and how does it work this excel procedure? thanks
Tuned Listener

I am currently doing a check and repair. what has excel to do with it? thanks

Check and Repair usually won't fix that activity issue... that's why clearing the old ones might work (they'll still be in the history)

Run a Check and Repair after the Purge

---

The Excel Detect and Repair is for the Excel issue you mentioned in the top post
Tuned Listener

it did not help.

Tuned Listener

I mean it the check and repair did not work , as you wrote. where do I Find the excel repair?