Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

error: Invalid recur spec. Monthly named-day pattern with no Modifier

Re: error: Invalid recur spec. Monthly named-day pattern with no Modifier

Was there ever a fix for this?  I have the same issue.  I have been without a calendar now for 3.5 months and I cant find a "problem" contact.  My calendar is full of stuff every day up until March 2011, then nothing from there on out.  My task list is even empty.  I have triple checked all the filter and user settings.  Any help???

Copper Contributor

Still no fix as far as I'm aware. All I can suggest is to go back to the point where it stopped working. For me, it was the very last entry in the calendar, which corresponded to a particular contact. If you can't find the contact, then I have no other suggestions as I've tried everything else that there is to try before going the route that I did. But I'm sure you're having the same problem that I had.

When you open the last calendar appointment, do you get any errors? You may have to navigate through the tabs first.

Nickel Elite Contributor

Greig,
I have a client's database affected by this same issue.  It is database specific.  This database is on PRM 14.1. The error seems to indicate there is a property on a recurring activity that ACT! doesn't like. In-turn ACT! won't display any of the other requested activities.  In my case, I've narrowed it down to a low priority to-do because using the filters to look at other items I can indeed see the activities on the problematic contact record or in the Task List.  But as soon as I include low prioritiy to-do's no activities show and this error pops up.  In addition, it seems this to-do spans across many months (or there are other activities also exhibiting this problem) because the user's monthly calendar views are completely blank (although you can see many activities for this user when viewing via Task List and filtering out low priority to-dos).  Other users who filter for this user's activities see the same problem but do not have the issue when only viewing their own activties.  Were you ever able to identify a fix for this issue?  Is there anything that can be done on the backend in SQL to identify or cleanse the problematic activities? 

-----------
Marshall Knapp
AspenTech CRM
Act! Certified Consultants & Premier Trainers
Swiftpage Business Partner - Platinum Level
866-880-4ACT (4228)
www.aspen-tech.com
Copper Contributor

Having this same issue with a client.

Windows 7

ACT! 2013 -- Upgraded from 2010

Nothing shows up at all on calendar or Task List.

Did all maintenance in ACTDiag including detaching the database - No help.

After reading the previous posts again,  I had an idea to remove all Types and add one at a time back.  To-dos came back but not Meetings, or Calls.  Tried to look at his own record's Activitiy tab, he receives the same error.

I was able to edit and close a To-do without error.  However, I changed ut the Task list does not show the change on the list.  Reopening shows just the changes made tothe Task list's To-Dos.  Still nothing on the Calendar though.  Though no error on Activity tab now.

The client's To-Dos are mostly Re-occuring with him on the With line with the contact.  He is cleaning these up and we will do maintenance again.  Thought I am not very confident that will resolve it.

Anyone have a definite resolution to this issue yet?

Thank you,

Ginger Ney
ACT! Certified Consultant
Cornerstone Solutions, Inc.
713-661-5095
ney@cornerstonesolutions.com
www.cornerstonesolutions.com
Silver Super Contributor

Ginger,

This problem usually needs to be fixed by directly editing the activities table in ACT!.  I can do it for you or you can get one of the other people that work on databases to do it or you can send it in to database services.  I will probably write a program to fix it in the not too distant future but it probably won't be soon enough for your client.

Stan

If you would like to get more out of ACT! you can find an ACT! Certified Consultant near you by going to:www.act.com/acc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stan Smith
ADS Programming Services, Inc.
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com
Click Here to Purchase Act!
Copper Super Contributor

Did you ever develop an approach to resolve?

Pete

Nickel Elite Contributor

Any reslution?  I have a customer with the issue.

Brenda Dixon
Dixon Consulting Solutions
404-405-4116
brenda@dixonconsultingsolutions.com
www.dixonconsultingsolutions.com
www.GoToAssist.com/sb/dixon (FOR SUPPORT)

Did you ever get a solution to this problem? I've tried all of the above with no sucess.

Stan Adams

Nickel Elite Contributor

This free tool will help you get rid of the bad activities.

https://www.keystroke.ca/en/apps/keystroke-downloads/download/7-free-utilities/116-broken-activity-h...

Michael Kadlub
Act! Support Manager
Keystroke Quality Computing Inc.
800-857-0558, x.310
MichaelK@kqc.ca
www.keystroke.ca