09-24-2010 06:21 AM
Welcome to the Act! Online Community!
- What version of Act! are you running?
- Have you tried running 'Check and Repair' located in the Tools > Database Maintenance?
- Does this error occur in any other database (test with Demo or create a new database)?
12-14-2010 07:37 PM
I'm running into the same problem. I have on several occasions set up calendar appoints or reoccurring events. I go to 2011 and cannot find any of my appointments nor reoccurring events. This is our database and not a demo database. Any suggestions?
12-27-2010 01:57 PM
Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.
12-31-2010 11:54 AM - last edited on 06-21-2011 07:27 AM by ghollister
- What version/build of ACT! are you using (from Help>About ACT!)?
ACT! by Sage 2010 Version 188.8.131.52, Hot Fix 1
- If you are in a multi-user database, do other users have the same issue?
Yes, we are all having the same issues.
- Have you made sure that your filters on the calendar view are set to display the activities you want to see?
Yes we have.
- Are the missing activities showing in the Task List view?
Yes there are many activities under "call" do not show up.
Overall we have struggled with ACT 2010 for many months now with several on going issues. We keep getting the run around saying that we can do a "work around." This is not acceptable! We have sent the database in to be looked at. Finally after 2.5 weeks, your team got back to us and told us that there were 31 items that were corrupt. I asked if there was soemthing we did incorrectly and he explained to me NO! We have now had to go back and make all of the corrections to the missing "activities." Very time consuming and not fun. We have even bought several licenses for 2011 pro and very cautious if we should install or not.
We then spoke sales and IT about 2011 and any known issues. They proceeded to tell us that "WE CANNOT MERGE THE TWO TOGETHER. NOT BACKWARDS COMPATIBLE. I was then informed that we would need to spend another 138.00 PER 2010 LICENSE, to upgrade 2011. We just bought these 2010 licenses less than 6-9 months ago. And now we have to spend more to get them updated to 2011? This is ridiculas. I'm appauled that Sage would do this with their cleints.
Overall, we are contemplating to drop ACT all together and go with SalesForce or another vendor so that we do not have these issues anymore. And on top of that, Sage ONLY GIVES A 30 DAY SUPPORT AND THEN AFTER THAT, THE CUSTOMER HAS TO PAY FOR SUPPORT. WOW is all I have to say.
01-07-2011 06:06 AM
I'm also having the same issue as you jaylonp, except that it's only affecting one user out of ten. We've done everthing suggested here. The only thing I haven't tried yet is to completely reinstalled Act and SQL on the affected machine. I will be trying this today and will post my results.
03-02-2011 05:57 AM - edited 03-02-2011 05:58 AM
I managed to get around this problem, although it wasn't a direct fix. I narrowed the problem down to a specific client in the database. It seems that there was an appointment created in the calendar that somehow was causing that error message. I found out which contact it was by going into the calendar all the way back to the point where it stopped working; it was the last appointment that showed up in the calendar and opening it would generate that error message.
Since it was not possible to delete the activity from the calendar, I created a temporary contact in the database. Using the move/copy contact data wizard, exported all data (appointments, history, activities, etc.) to the temporary contact. The problem moved over as well. Using the wizard again, moved everything back to the original contact EXCEPT for the activities. Deleted the temporary contact.
Went back to the calendar and now everything shows up. Yes the activities for that contact will be empty, but at least everything else can now be accessed and the calendar should now work.
I know this doesn't fix the problem, ie repair the bad appointment, but we had no other options available and our client was completely without the calendar for nearly 3 months. Suffice to say, they were fine without having the activities for that one particular contact, so in the end they were happy.
Hope this helps.