Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

error:GUID should contain 32 digits with 4 dashes

error:GUID should contain 32 digits with 4 dashes

Ran into this problem A LOT while trying to design a report..  turned off my email (OutLook) and it did not happen again.  Has anyone else had this problem?  How did you solve it?    I think since my email synch with Act that that was my problem (my email synchs every minute).  It is very frustrating, hoping that there is a definite fix to this.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: error:GUID should contain 32 digits with 4 dashes

Error: "Guid should contain 32 digits with 4 dashes (xxxxxxxxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)" usually occurs because the ContactID field is not added to the report.

We are getting the same error when we try to run a customized report.  We do not sync with our email.  We tried adding the Contact ID field to the report and this did not help.  The specific report a customized copy of the "Opportunities by Contact" report. (Act  version 10)

I've heard of other possibilities:

1.  Opportunity based reports that include more than the company and contact fields from the contact table.

2.  An extra data source line at the start of a subreport

3. Open the file in notepad and look for anything that looks like a GUID.  You shouldn't have one in a report.  Take out the offending line and try again

Most often happens with reports converted from ACT! 6.0, but can get corruption in other ways

Post back if any of these help

I set up the report again and got it to work without the error.  I think a field from the wrong category may have been added at some point which caused the problem.  Thank you for your help!

Got this error in ACT Pro 2011 while customizing a report.   Can't get around it.   None of the suggestions resolved it.  Not using or synching with Outlook.  Opened the report in Notepad and removed strings of numbers - basically at random, I'm a business person not a programmer.  It made no difference. 

That error indocates that corruption has been introduced into the template XML code. I've typically encountered this when manipulating subreports. Most often a data source line has been added by the editor to the subreport code. The problem is easily fixed provided you understand the XML structure of the template and know what to look for. Unfortunately that knowledge only comes with experience. Bottom line is that the error can only be corrected at the template XML code level. If you are going to work at the code level I suggest that you download the XML Notepad from Microsoft, it's free.

There is a third party book with comprehensive training information on the ACT! reports, here is the link.

https://www.packtpub.com/sage-act-2011-dashboard-and-report-cookbook/book

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Bronze Super Contributor

Just had this error when running the default "Activities" report, resovled by copying the report from the installation media, into the Reports folder underneath the <databasename>-database files folder.

Copper Super Contributor

I found this solution in another message but it worked for me...

http://community.act.com/t5/Sage-ACT/Guid-should-contain-32-digits-with-4-dashes-ERROR/td-p/164386

Dave Worral
ACC@Customer-IT.com
ACT! Consultant & Premier Trainer