Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

error: Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is..... when i try to create documents

error: Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is..... when i try to create documents

I’m writing for ask help, because I have a problem and we can’t work in the right way.

In my company we use ACT! by Sage Premium 2008 (10.0) (ST Edition) Version 10.0.2.191.

We used Office 2007 Baisc for generate the quote and for all the other documents.

From September to yesterday I worked quite well, we created all the documents that we need without problems.

Yesterday I had to remove Office 2007 basic and re-installe Office 2007 standard for licenses change.

I did it with all the recommendations but now we have a problem.

When I try to generate a quote I have this error: Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.

And sometimes this one: External component has thrown an exception.

Well, I found this article Answer ID 24256, and I followed all the steps indicated but I didn’t resolve the problem.

Office diagnostic, regsvr32 for redemption.dll, recreate the normal.dotm file, do the sfc /scannow as administrator in the cmd.exe, all this steps doesn't works.

What I have to do now for fix it?

Best regards.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: error: Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is..... when i try to create documents

Hello Emmanuele,
If you uninstalled and reinstalled Office, that may have broken the integration with ACT!. Try uninstalling and reinstalling ACT! to re-establish the integration.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Re: error: Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is..... when i try to create documents

I did it, but ACT still doesn't work with office.

What i can do now?

nobody has an answer to this question?

Silver Super Contributor

In the past that error message has been an indication that the system was infected with spyware.  I would go to eset.com and f-secure.com and run their online scanners.  There are other causes of that error but that's a pretty easy one to check for.

Stan

If you would like to get more out of ACT! you can find an ACT! Certified Consultant near you by going to:www.act.com/acc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stan Smith
ACT! Certified Consultant
ADS Programming Services, Inc.
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com
Click Here to Purchase Act!

I tried also to make a full scan, but everything seems ok.

Next steps?

Thanks

Silver Super Contributor

Have you installed all of the latest updates for Windows and Office?

If you would like to get more out of ACT! you can find an ACT! Certified Consultant near you by going to:www.act.com/acc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stan Smith
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com

Yes all the updates.

And the really strange thing is this one:

on one PC with ACT and office 2007 Standard works.

on others three PCs with ACt and office 2007 standard doesn't work.

Silver Super Contributor

Most of the time when I see this error message it is because a program can't write to the Windows Registry.  If you have a program that has locked the registry while it's making an update and it doesn't release it like spyware or possibly some sort of program that protects you from spyware that might cause this issue.  There are other reasons that it happens but that is the most frequent.  As you're probably aware this can be a difficult problem to resolve.

Stan

Stan Smith
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com

I tried to check the differences between the working PC and several other PCs where the creation of the documents doesn't work.

I noticed that in the one that works there are many update, then i installed the updates in the other PCs but the problem is still the same.

It seems that there's no way out.