Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

error 1713

error 1713

I am trying to install ACT 2007 on a Windows XP. I am coming up with error 1603. It actually starts as error 1713 during the generating script operations for action install. Then I get the 1603. I can not find any help on the error 1713.  What do you think I should do?

Nickel Super Contributor

Re: error 1713

Error 1713 is typically a Windows Installer error. You can try to repair the Windows installer, or reinstall it from the ACT install cd. It is located under the Dependancies folder.

I tried re-installing it from the dependencies folder and that did not work.  Then I tried to repair it and the same error message comes up.  I tried calling act customer support, but they couldn't help me because "it is a Windows Installer issue."  I went online to microsoft and downloaded some registry repairs, and it's still not working.  Please help.  I don't know what else to do.

Beka
Copper Contributor

Hi Beka,

Does/did your machine have a prior version of ACT! installed?  Error 1713 sounds like an issue with a merge module or custom action trying to install (or uninstall) an ancillary component such as Acrobat or the .Net Framework.

What version of ACT! are you trying to install?

At exactly what point during the installation does this occur (do you get the initial Welcome dialog? is there anything going on in the background at the moment of the error?)?  Does an ACT! installer log file get created?  It should be located at: C:\WINDOWS\Temp\ACTInstLog\ActWindows.log

What exactly happened when you tried running WindowsInstaller-KB893803-v2-x86.exe from the dependencies folder?

Thanks,
jason
Jason Sellers
ACT! Engineer 2000-2007

Hi Jason,

No my computer does not have any version of ACT on it.  I'm trying to install ACT! 2007 (9.0) Version 9.0.1.162

The error pops up after the SQL server download is complete and it starts installing ACT.  The action it is taking is "generating script operations for action."  Then the error message is:  "ERROR 1713. ACT! Cannot install one of its required components."

There is no installer log file.

When I ran the Windows Installer from the Dependancies folder, it went through the installation process (which was really quick.)  Then, it said it was installed correctly.  I went so far as to uninstall the installer and re-install from the disc, and I still come up with the same error at the same action.

Beka
Copper Contributor

Hi Beka, sorry for the delay in my response,

Couple more ideas...

From a friend on the install team: I would recommend that the user remove any ACT! related item from Add/Remove and reboot. Then download the Microsoft Office Cleanup utility and see if any ACT! items show up via this tool. Have it remove them, this actually cleans up the Installer database. They should then be able to reinstall ACT!.

Failing that... I think 9.01 came with a SQL hotfix that might be applied just after the SQL install.  If you can find a SQL hotfix on your ACT! CD, can you try installing that manually?

jason
Jason Sellers
ACT! Engineer 2000-2007
jjd

I've been following this thread with interest since I'm experiencing exactly the same problem.  SQL Server installed just fine, but act blows off with the 1713.  The log files are empty.  The installer kb says that everything is just fine, and when I run hotfix.exe from the dependencies folder, it says that I should select the SQL program features to update, but when I try to select it, it will not allow me to check the box, so that hotfix suggestion doesn't get me anywhere.  So I'm sitting here with SQL installed, but unable to install ACT.
What should I try next?
Copper Contributor

Hello,

What version of ACT! are you trying to install? 

Did you try the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility from:

HTH,
jason

Jason Sellers
ACT! Engineer 2000-2007

Hello,

I tried all of the suggestion on this forum.  Installed Windows Uninstaller.  Even went so far as to reinstall my version of Windows XP.  What finally solved this issue was completely uninstalling everything (all the SQL items too) and signing on to the computer as a guest with administrator privilages.  It installed without any problems under guest.

Thanks,
Beka
jjd

I'm trying to install ACT 2007 (9.0) on XP SP2 and get all the same symptoms.

I did not run the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility to completion because I don't know what programs/packages I should specify for cleanup.  The list that is generated is quite lengthy.  There are no ACT programs in the list, and SQL Server installed from my ACT installation disk just fine.