Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

emails not attaching in records

emails not attaching in records

My boss uses ACT on his laptop.  as of 2 weeks ago, his emails are not attaching to records when he emails contacts through act (we use Act 10 and Outlook 2003). 

I am new to Act and charged with solving this problem.  What should I be looking for on his computer to solve this problem.  It is my understanding that at about the same time, a seperate database was set up for him to function within act while on the road and he syncs the two when he is here.

we are encountering lots of speedbumps overal integrating Act with outlook quickbooks and wondows mobile pc.  Im about to convince him to go to all MS Office/windows apps.

Re: emails not attaching in records

First, make sure the ACT! address book is still added to Outlook.

How to Add My ACT! Address Book to Microsoft® Outlook® 2003, Outlook 2002 (XP) or Outlook 2000

If its already added, do the steps below.

1. Open Task Manager and select the processes tab.
  2. See if Act.Outlook.Service.exe is there. If so, end process on it.
  3. Go to Start and click Run.  Type in %appdata% and click Ok.
  4. When the folder comes up, browse down to the following path: \ACT\ACT for Windows 10\HistoryQueue\
  5. Delete all the contents inside the folder.
  6. Now go to the following location to start Act.Outlook.Service.exe - C:\Program Files\ACT\ACT for Windows
  7. Test!
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: emails not attaching in records

[ Edited ]

Also, to set up a remote database for his laptop, try this ACT! Knowledge Base article - http://tinyurl.com/6gbyaz

For the Windows Mobile device, try Handheld Contact

What other issues are you having?

Message Edited by GLComputing on 09-01-2008 11:41 PM