Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

email transfer

email transfer

We have updated one of our computers and installed ACT on it.  The database is stored on a different computer.  The new computer has no problem getting to the database, but I cannot transfer the email from the old computer.  I run the wizard and it runs for about 10 minutes, says that it is complete, but when I go to the folder to retrieve the file there is nothing there.  I have run the wizard several times and selected local and network locations as the destination, all with the same result. 

I also tried to find the email folder and data and transfer it manually.  I don't know where they hid it, but they did a good job.  I sure can't find it.

Any help would be appreciated.

TIA,

Rich

Re: email transfer

Sometimes the emails do restore on the new computer, but aren't linked properly.  Open actdiag and check the size of ActEmailMessageStore.  If the size is greater than 15, then the emails didn't transfer, but aren't linked properly.  You'll need to call into support for email retrieval.

To access actdiag, go to Start and select Run.  Type in actdiag and click Ok.  Once ACT! Diagnostics appear, click on Database, then Database List.