Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

email setup Act 2007 v9

email setup Act 2007 v9

I have been using outlook for a couple of years to send quick emails with Act and would like to switch to Internet Mail so I can retain template formatting; bold, italics, underline, color, etc.

I have both gmail and hotmail accounts but cannot get either to work with act. I get the message; 'the email message cannot be created because the default email account is not ready.'

When I go to the advanced tab to test the connection, it says it failed to find the outgoing or incoming server.

any help is greatly appreciated.

g.

Copper Super Contributor

Re: email setup Act 2007 v9

Hi

When you try to setup Actemail with internet mail, it can be done only with emails that uses the default port nos. i.e 110 and 25.

Both gmail and hotmil does not use these port nos, so unfortunately msg that get means that you cannot setup actemail with both of them.

I am getting the same error message and I am trying to set InternetMail up with a comcast account.  When I test the connection it works AND i get the test email, but it won't let me create a new email. I get the default not ready message.

are there MORE preferences to set somewhere I don't know about? 

Me too. Trying to set up with ATT.net...everything tests fine...receive test email...but when try to click on a contact email address. Receive the "the email message cannot be created because the default email account is not ready" message. Also if I click on the E-mail icon on left, I get the ACT! email client to come up but all of the new mail message, etc are all greyed out/disabled. Anyone get solution yet???