Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

email problems

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

email problems

I have ACT! 2010 trial version I downloaded.  Ever since I removed ACT (the trial ended) I can't send emails. I have Windows Vista and Outlook 2003. Does anyone have any ideas? I would like to switch from Goldmine to ACT! but can't unless this gets worked out.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author Birminham
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Contributor

Re: email problems

I couldnt send either way. I spoke to a computer dude and he fixed an issue in outlook.

It was not ACT!'s fault!

Sorry to waste your time, thanks for your help!

View solution in original post

All Replies
Platinum Elite Contributor

What happens when you try to send an email from Outlook? Is there an error message?

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Copper Contributor

"Task 'Life Source - Sending' reported error (0x80042109) : 'Outlook is unable to connect to your outgoing (SMTP) e-mail server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).'

I have contacted the server administrator and checked/changed password etc more than once. Per this website, I removed the ACT7 sql file.   I have checked the email settings and they are ok. I can still receive but not send.

Thanks for your help!

Copper Contributor

I have the same problem.  I receive a registry access not allowed.

Copper Contributor

I purchased ACT!, installed it and set up my email. I still cant send. Any ideas? 

Copper Contributor

Greg,

Do you have any ideas? I really need help!

Thanks,

Rick

Platinum Elite Contributor

[ Edited ]

Rick,
Are you unable to send emails directly from Outlook (not through ACT!) at all?

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Copper Contributor

I uninstalled and reinstalled as administrator.  (right click on set up key before installing)  It appears to be working.

Solution
Accepted by topic author Birminham
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Contributor

I couldnt send either way. I spoke to a computer dude and he fixed an issue in outlook.

It was not ACT!'s fault!

Sorry to waste your time, thanks for your help!

I'm having the same issue with ACT! and Outlook. What did the computer person do?

ACT will not send and email. It starts to think about it, but then does nothing.

JAW